Bijo to Kenja to Majin no Ken

Contributor
Some say that the first chapter of a manga is the best and, sometimes, the only way to market your series. If your first chapter is unique, it will make people want to read it more.

This first chapter does not provide anything that wants to make me read it further. It just looks to be another isekai with the same generic MC and the same RPG world and the same skill points. What's the hook?

Contributor
He may be a "generic MC," but not a "generic isekai MC, seeing that he isn't OP as hell, but rather he is comparatively weak for someone in a fantasy world.

With the only thing he has in his favor is his ability to inspect/identify things, he will need to rely on his intellect to survive, instead of the typical isekai way of brute forcing your way through using OP cheat skills.

@Sheogorath85 There are plenty of non-OP isekai MCs that are just normal people with one or two quirks that only barely help out.

Group Leader
@slightly @Wizardrone

Anybody have any clue where this "pulling magical sword from girls chest" trend started from? Because I've also seen that gimmick in other series, notably Guilty Crown.

Dex-chan lover
Must be a real depressing world if they've got Tom Clancy as their god...

Dex-chan lover
So is this just Guilty Crown isekai? That show was a mess.

Jesus Christ time dilation, the pacing is awful. With a cover like that, he should have at least run into a situation that would prompt the boob sword powers by now.

Dex-chan lover
The cover looks like it has more to do with his sword than a magic sword. I guess it works for a volume cover but nothing in the story so far explains it.

Dex-chan lover
@Harry_Dong I dont really know, but perhaps it something related to how (usually) katanas and other sword types often had a name (mainly a femenine[not necesary a name coming from a woman] one) and the japanese belief that all objects has an existence (kind of a god) thus a will and a possible representation in human form. Think of Soul Eater too!

Can't say much after just 2 chapters, but could be promising.
The translation seems a bit messy tho.. I mean his stats are clearly higher than the Kobold's but he says that the Kobolds have higher stats, and then he says that the priest girl is level 15, when shes clearly lv 3, 15 being her age. At least I think that's an issue with the translation, doubt the official release would allow those types of mistakes.. :x
The translation doesn't need to be perfect, but It needs to at least make sense. o:

Users who are viewing this thread