Binetsu Kuukan - Vol. 4 Ch. 21.5.2 - part 2

See you in april!
Love how when it comes to money, the families are still completely separate. Be her still pays for the house since.. he always has. She pays for any groceries she buys, he for ones he buys. And the topic thus far has just been completely and totally ignored altogether

Though now, they will need to actually think about the topic of money. And, more importantly, how they will raise their kids

Dex-chan lover
Must be nice to live in a country as cheap as Japan. I wouldn't even expect a stuffed toy of such a large size to cost less than that over here. In fact, I'd think it was quite a decent price.

@Kaarme Isn't Tokyo like the third most expensive city to live in the world? Not sure about the exact breakdown of the living cost in Japan though

ivv

Dex-chan lover
my golden rule is their money is theirs and mine is mine.
money is really scary, it literally destroys families.

Dex-chan lover
this is what you called discrimination . . .

as a side not my pocket money when I'm in high school is 0.7 USD/day. Fuel not included. Yes, yes, ME poor boi.

Im in this picture and i dont like it

Jokes aside
Nice chapter! Being nao-kun is suffering

Dex-chan lover
@lenovoaxioo that does sound small but different countries have different purchasing power so without the context of countries or even region, thats a pretty hard tell. And inflation too ofcourse.

Dex-chan lover
bruh, bruh...

My allowance in high school was like 20 a week in retrospect, but the cafeteria food was fucking expensive and more often than not I would just save my money, starve and/or eat my friend’s leftovers so I could buy stupid shit online.
Me circa 2008: Saving to order vinyls from the abroad, lmao...

Dex-chan lover
fuck, i didnt even get an allowance, i saved up my birthday money to last for like all of my childhood, and we didnt even do birthdays regularly back then

Wth

5k is pretty low, even for someone who gets their meal cooked, free rent, and utility bills paid

wth that's very small, I expect that high school students in Japan get more, when I was a high schooler themonth allowance standard is around $30-40 a month and this is in a country where the monthly minimum wage is around $300

Dex-chan lover
Coming in as a married person, as soon as I got married I gave my book keeper wife the checkbook. The stress I used to feel as my paycheck disappeared to pay the bills was shortening my lifespan. I thinks most married people have a joint account that pays the bills and buys the food and then a side personal account that gets used for individual frivolous purchases. In my case books, manga, anime and Lego. The kid should get a job if his school allows it. My daughter got a job as a dishwasher for a caterer we knew just after graduating middle school. She worked hard saved her money and by the time she was able to get a license she was able to buy half a car. We also insisted she have at least enough in savings to pay for what insurance would not cover for any accidents.

Double-page supporter
Wait a second, your parents are supposed to give you money?
...wish I knew that 15 years ago.

@allaire I wouldn't say "supposed". It depends on family
I never had a monthly income but i do received $1.25 daily at middle school and $2.50 at highschool on school days. Since I had breakfast at home and ate afterschool at home too It was my decision if I were to spend it or save it.
Monthly incomes is a way that makes them understand to be careful on finances but I'm not sure how much is it used actually. We do see it a lot in manga/anime even if it's not mentioned

Users who are viewing this thread