Biryuu Enshoutan - Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
I find it weird that she called the other heroes cowards for not relenting their swords. She herself points out how very dangerous she is and how untrustworthy she is in that situation, so to hold onto the sword is just being cautious. Even the MC believed she was trying and trick him at the start with how solemn she was. The other heroes, on the other hand, actually had to fight her minions and her so there's even less chance of her ever being trustworthy because there was an active attempt to kill them (unless it gets brought up that she never actually tried to hurt anyone).

Alright there's my daily nitpick.

That being said, just marry the poor girl already, aint no reason not to bring her a happy end to her tale

Dex-chan lover
I find it weird that she called the other heroes cowards for not relenting their swords. She herself points out how very dangerous she is and how untrustworthy she is in that situation, so to hold onto the sword is just being cautious.
Really? Makes perfect sense to me. Her words implied the former heroes, as time went on, got so paranoid that she was stronger than them that they never let go of their holy swords at all; meaning no matter what they did, they had it in hand, not just nearby.

So when they ate a meal, they had the sword in one hand (probably using it like an oversized dinner knife). When they took a shit, they had one hand gripping their pants and one clutching the sword. When they took a bath, it was in hand. When they slept, they probably clutched it like a teddy bear.

They were so terrified of being caught without the power of the holy sword that they refused to part with it for even a second like a child's security blanket, because without it, they'd have pissed themselves in fear and run for the hills.

If that's not cowardice, I don't know what is.

Dex-chan lover
Really? Makes perfect sense to me. Her words implied the former heroes, as time went on, got so paranoid that she was stronger than them that they never let go of their holy swords at all; meaning no matter what they did, they had it in hand, not just nearby.

So when they ate a meal, they had the sword in one hand (probably using it like an oversized dinner knife). When they took a shit, they had one hand gripping their pants and one clutching the sword. When they took a bath, it was in hand. When they slept, they probably clutched it like a teddy bear.

They were so terrified of being caught without the power of the holy sword that they refused to part with it for even a second like a child's security blanket, because without it, they'd have pissed themselves in fear and run for the hills.

If that's not cowardice, I don't know what is.
I get where you're coming from but think of it in context of who she is and who they were. They actually had to fight her and her army of minions and she was known for coming back from the dead to start trouble over hundreds of years. Not to mention The Holy Sword seems to only exist because she was such a problem.

The manga makes her out to be a sad, cute dragon girl but we have to remember that before her pride was broken, she was probably incredibly vicious in the past. She was, after all, the Demon King. Families of victims of who she and her army slaughtered would mourning for years to come, legends and stories would've been told about her through generations and the way they talk about her makes it seem like those legends are pretty grim. She's not an innocent person just because she's sad now, she still has a rap sheet spanning hundreds of years and a body count higher than most Shonen villains.

If you tried to tell me that such a person decided to just give up out of the blue and not do ANYTHING at all, I'd probably never believe it myself. I'd be absolutely certain it was a trap of some kind. The only reason Mirio is capable of having any sort of relationship with her at all is because he met her under peaceful circumstances and while she was in a pitiful state. He even remembers that he didn't fight a single monster to get to her except regular forest creatures, and again even he assumed it was a trick when he first met her.

I don't think there's anything cowardly about being suspicious of such circumstances. It feels like common sense that you'd keep your guard up around a semi-immortal dragon that not only tried to kill you but keeps bringing itself back to life to trying to destroy the world.

All that being said, I don't doubt the story will vindicate her in some regard of her actions but given what limited information we know....they should absolutely be expected to keep that sword on them.

Dex-chan lover
We do have no information on her past and are to believe she did evil before but with how she act right now it could have easily been blown out of proportion or done relunctently. Until we have definitive proof we cannot say for sure but right now she look like someone with low self esteemed and lack of affection.

I still think it was wise to have the sword at first but now I think it is unecessary because her current her is tame.

Also; SEXOOOO!

Dex-chan lover
I find it weird that she called the other heroes cowards for not relenting their swords. She herself points out how very dangerous she is and how untrustworthy she is in that situation, so to hold onto the sword is just being cautious. Even the MC believed she was trying and trick him at the start with how solemn she was. The other heroes, on the other hand, actually had to fight her minions and her so there's even less chance of her ever being trustworthy because there was an active attempt to kill them (unless it gets brought up that she never actually tried to hurt anyone).

Alright there's my daily nitpick.

That being said, just marry the poor girl already, aint no reason not to bring her a happy end to her tale
She called them cowards because they were to scared to disarm themselves. To do so would have required courage which they lacked.

Dex-chan lover
She called them cowards because they were to scared to disarm themselves. To do so would have required courage which they lacked.
The context of who she is matters in the overall scheme of things and just expecting people to trust her enough to drop their guard after she's tried to destroy the world several times, and when they had to battle her and her cronies isn't logical. Courage doesn't ignore the dangers of the situation, it makes a solid judgement call based upon them. Hence the phrase "A fine line between bravery and stupidity"

The idea you should trust her, ignoring her past and all that she's done to garner her reputation just because she looks at you with puppy eyes isn't courageous. If not for the fact Mirio stumbled upon her as an already broken outcast, he'd probably be in a similar situation. He has no reason to distrust her because he has no negative experience with her, the others did from what we can glean from the story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm mean, sure, she's wrong about him so there's no need for this, but man do I gotta respect her using her brain and being cautious. Gotta respect her planning ahead and preparing contingencies without panicking and activating them right away.

Dex-chan lover
We do have no information on her past and are to believe she did evil before but with how she act right now it could have easily been blown out of proportion or done relunctently. Until we have definitive proof we cannot say for sure but right now she look like someone with low self esteemed and lack of affection.

I still think it was wise to have the sword at first but now I think it is unecessary because her current her is tame.

Also; SEXOOOO!

We do have information on her though, it came from her mouth in chapter 1.

She and her armies fought with the heroes several times and always faced crushing defeat until it got to the point she and her lackies just gave up on her current incarnation.

Dex-chan lover
Way better chapter than I expected. I'm really looking forward to their growing relationship

Dex-chan lover
A quite clumsy way of making tje relationship. They barely now each other. Better to have a plot with some adventures .
This makes no sense and is way too silly

MC is scum. Demon lord clearly still suffering from sex-related trauma.
Did the author have no other plot developments to do?

Dex-chan lover
They actually had to fight her and her army of minions and she was known for coming back from the dead to start trouble over hundreds of years.
Some heroes explicitly did not have to do this. She was abandoned by her kingdom at some point, and the heroes have been showing up to a deserted castle to rape and torture her for a while now. Apparently she's been at this cycle for somewhere south of 3000 years and you gotta assume a decent chunk of that time, maybe less than a millennium if she's lucky, was spent at the hideous mercies of heroes in name only.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Apparently she's been at this cycle for somewhere south of 3000 years
May I ask for the source of that number? Is it from the raws or are you speculating?

and you gotta assume a decent chunk of that time, maybe less than a millennium if she's lucky, was spent at the hideous mercies of heroes in name only.
The reputation she's garnered seems fairly strong, though. If her minions gave up and the heroes just have been waltzing in, then over the course of 3000 years, heck even 500 years, she wouldn't really be considered a threat anymore. The Demon King is only feared because they cause problems, and without those problems it'd be considered just a regular chore at most to deal with her. Yet everyone who knows about her seems to be extremely afraid, so chances are that these events happened fairly "recently" insomuch as she's maybe faced 10 or so heroes with experiences similar to Mirio.

Unfortunately that's all speculation though given the context of the series and assuming the author took that into account. Even if we assume the heroes started lying about their conquests, it's still an issue of when and where.

Also she recently reincarnated again so at the end of the day somebody killed her, assuming she's like a normal dragon and is nigh immortal. So the last hero either freaked out, made a wrong assumption, or decided it'd be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread