Bitcoin support update | Server load | Doujinshi.org support | Recruiting a UI/UX designer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miku best girl
Admin
@Random01

Yes, you get access to extra options for being a supporter, such as displaying a diamond next to your name, amongst other things.

Fed-Kun's army
Only feature I felt missing would be having the ch counter that shows up to what chapter you've already read on the manga page,to be shown next to the manga in your follows list..
Would definitely lower the amount of times people enter manga pages to verify if the chapter they see is actually the next one beyond what they've read already.
(Wouldn't even have to be interactable, just having the number visible on the follows page next to the title, mouseover on eye or by some other means should help alot.)

Other than that, haven't really encountered anything I found bothersome, and frankly love how you can reload specific images without having to tell the browser to reload the entire webpage.
Wonderful when your line is messy for various reasons, like lousy constructionworks screwing up and damaging the cables in the process.
I recently lost my landline for about 80h because the constructionworkers dug off the cable completely, not just damaging it. -.-
(Usually solved faster, but guess the corona mess might've played a role in why fixing the cables took so long.)

Server load still fine here in Indonesia, tbh i'm using shitty isp but its pretty much fine to load. So... Compared to another user who come from wealthy country with decent internet, Mangadex loading would probably still fine. But still, its up to admin / op to upgrade it for better, right?

Also current ui is good. I mean, simple is good right? I just worried that if the ui were changed, with tons of js for example, it would make the load become slow. But if the ui is js-based, i think it would load faster, yes?

I think a cool feature that could be added in terms of UI is a night mode for the site. Night modes for manga sites dont usually work too well because manga is black and white but you could implement a setting for an overlay over the manga image that could darken the image similar to how shades works on macos.

I personally am not a designer. I'm a full stack dev but I want to recommend using Figma for designing. It's a web based designer and the people that I've worked with absolutely love it.
It'd be nice to use as you can just share the link to the public and they can see and give opinions. Also it's multi editor feature is awesome.

Hey I'm not sure if this would help but I use the Brave browser and I racked up a few BATs.
I'm down to donate them all but this website would have to be verified/ set up.

Is there any plans on that happening in the future or is it too messy? 🤔

I really like the current UI design, its familiar, but I cant remember where it comes from. Its also a good divergence from regular aggregator site designs, which just look terrible most of the time

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@wongio123 posted:

I think a cool feature that could be added in terms of UI is a night mode for the site. Night modes for manga sites dont usually work too well because manga is black and white but you could implement a setting for an overlay over the manga image that could darken the image similar to how shades works on macos.
Pretty sure this is something you should be doing in your device, especially if you're talking about a smartphone since brightness settings are so accessible in them. A weird translucent black overlay isn't really going to work very well inside the reader itself, the monitor itself is still going to be bright.

I also really have 0 complaints about the UI. I'd say this is the best manga reading has ever been.

@Teasday
Oh I already do that with my device brightness, the problem is the device brightness not going low enough. Thus I have to use third party solutions like the overlay to read in the dark. Even with device brightness as low as it can get, due to the black and white contrast of manga it is still not super comfortable to read in the dark.

I would love the UI to stay as it is, but just in case you guys are looking for someone who might have done front end coding before, I'd love to contribute.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Glad to hear people don't have too many problems with the current UI. Doesn't mean we're going to stop improving it, especially to accomodate the new stuff, settings, mobile improvements and other changes we're planning.

I mean, just as an example of just how great this UI is (especially if you have H on): https://mangadex.org/title/274/ore-no-imouto-ga-konna-ni-kawaii-wake-ga-nai

Dex-chan lover
Y'all, it means improvement and refinement and not actual scratching the current UI lmao

Fed-Kun's army
Nothing I can do about the UI/UX part but, if you need any front-end related stuff, contact me.

Keep up the good work!

Hey, @Holo, out of curiosity have you guys looked into the new subscription (Patreon-like) services such as: SubscribeStar and NewProject2 ?
Patreon has become... not so user friendly, and fancy themselves "curators" instead of a simple funding platform. Recently they've put hyper-strict rules on all "Japanese styled" (their words) art and have kicked a very large amount of people off the platform. Several artists from Japan feel discriminated against and it's getting ugly -- but the point is that they've been migrating to those two new platforms because their policies are ones of non-interference. I figure it's worth at least looking into if you have the chance and haven't already. Even the people running the platforms are very open to being contacted and to discussion.

Still throwing it out there that I use the brave browser and would donate all the crypto I generate from using this site to it. It's like $12 rn.

Group Leader
Yeah, the UI is already pretty good (The UX isn't THAT good imo). but just like what Teasday said, it needs so much improvement.
Can't count how many times I'm missing newest chapter on my following because apparently it got replaced by newest chapter on another language.

>inb4 just use language filter
I also often found new manga that I ended like on the front page. By filtering the language, it's also limits the number of manga that get bumped on the front page.

The better option is by using opt-in toggle only for registered user. And when it's already stable, use it as default for new and unregistered user. But keep the old ones for registered user as a legacy option.

I agree with looking into further options than just bitcoin. BAT from Brave is one of the simpler option.

I really like MD's current UI above ANY other manga site. It is simplistic and get the job done without overloading with special effects or information. I would also want the ability to vote on the redesign if any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread