Bitter Virgin - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - Me And Her

Why cant she just end it on a sweet note, why'd she have to pull the "uh oh its open ended, so theres a good chance things won't work out" card

It was an alright read, very melancholic but I enjoyed it far more than any other romance manga I've read before. The ending left much to be desired; why is it an open ending like a thousand different manga?!
😭 Aikawa best girl!

Dex-chan lover
I mean the ending was meh, it barely even counts as wholesome lol

But forced plot points aside I gotta give credit where credit is due. This manga really made me re-evaluate how I feel about pregnancy in general. The stigma attached to single pregnant woman is pretty big, and I’ve heard the term “damaged goods” used more than once. Shit, I’m ashamed to admit I’ve even had similar opinions. However, after reading this clusterfuck of a manga I have to admit that Suwa is the type of dude I want to be.

Fairly average manga. I find a lot of the reviews I found online mad overhyping it. The biggest talking point is how "mature" it is. Aside from the obvious SA and miscarriage, the characters act like your typical one dimensional shoujou/shounen characters. There is like no depth aside from maybe the FMC (where her entire character is just having a tragic backstory). Characters act completely erratically and retardidly that it really did annoy me. It's fine if you want some random one night read but by no means is the a master piece or even a great manga. It is simply average. Ending sucks too

Dex-chan lover
It was a good manga, everything up until the ending was satisfying to read...but that ending was kinda pure doo doo. I hate to admit that. It was abrupt and open ended. I would've at least liked to have seen an epilogue showing the two of them with kids and running the family's restaurant or something. The whole "until he/she finds someone more suitable" was just like are you gonna have the two MCs struggle to get to this point just to be like "it is what it is" when it comes to the future?

Dex-chan lover
Alright, I saw a review on mangaupdates that made me feel a little better about the ending. "They want the best end result for each other, but also hope to remain together forever, but aren't certain if they are the best for each other, so they're just taking it one step at a time, enjoying each moment they have together, and going with the flow, crossing each bridge as they come to it, since life is always full of uncertainty." An epilogue chapter still would've been nice.

It's not open ended at all, they remain together, they just tell themselves that because they are young and honestly, stupid. But knowing how life goes, anything could happen. But I am more inclined to believe they stay together forever because they both understand eachother and endured a lot but the main reason they may break up is because they don't feel like they deserve eachother's love, as they say at the end, he wants someone more mature for her, and she wants someone more cheerful and without traumas for him, if they can overcome that I doubt they will separate. Calling this manga "mature" can't be more wrong, the sister's whole attitude and cirscuntances, Aikawa who doesn't understand he loves her no matter what, Aikawa's mother ignoring her daughter's cries for help. The subjects and sufferings are mature, yeah, but the way they react to it just screams inexperience in knowing how to cope and act when such things happen, accompanied by lots of bluntness (like the sis saying "you are lucky" when the girl was rworded by her stepdad), which I understand because they are still very young. I loved the manga btw

Dex-chan lover
Wow. I remember reading this with my gf back in college in 06. We both had a good cry reading this story. Was reading this on one manga (the original one). Can't believe I found this again. Brings back so many memories as it was one of the first serious mangas I've read

Users who are viewing this thread