Blade of the Immortal - Vol. 30 Ch. 206 - Manji and Rin

some of worst main characters i have ever read. How is ok that fmc's gets to be hypocrite, murderer, liar, thief, two face and a sociopaths and get to have happy ending. Why does the fmc get the thickest plot armour known to man. I was rooting for the ittouryou half way because they may be pos but they have code of sorts. Why did every fight where the main cast was about to lose they'd get talk no jutsu'd its just really bad writing. Just horrible writing all round just no real thought put into it. but some of the best art around so theres that. 5/10

Fed-Kun's army
Kind of disappointed on how this end. I expected Anotsu serving 1 year jail sentence. He repent and then open a legit dojo in Edo. For Habaki, i was expecting that he was banished from Edo and then starting a rice farm with his family.

Hanabusa has a funny face, he should become kabuki player after he retire, too bad he died now.

I'm surprised by the disappointed comments because I thought the author made very clear from the beginning that only those who fight dirty wins. Right up until the end, the characters all had a choice to walk away, but the ones who still vied for vengeance end up with a "Sword of Damocles" hanging over them so of course the one who strikes first and wipes out the competition is going to win.

This mangaka does NOT right happy stories, beginning, middle, or end. He exposes the dirty side of humans in how they cling sadly, pathetically, and desperately to life and still lose in the end so I have to say that this was an amazing manga that absolutely refuses to follow norms of redeeming characters. I hated most of the characters with all their selfishness, ego centrism, and hypocrisy; going as far as even hating on the ones who are too bent on vengeance and those are not bent enough. XD

Ultimately, as abhorring as the characters were, they all fit together as amazingly well-written characters in this epic manga of a hero(ine)'s journey through a shit ton of blood, gore, and sex.

Fed-Kun's army
I saw the anime and decided to read the manga because some episodes just piqued my curiosity quite high.

I'll say right off the bat that this manga is rather cruel. Characters you may start liking are killed off instantly, but that is how the world is. What made me a bit salty is how characters who definitely should have been killed off just keep coming back stubborn to die. Almost on the level of Max Payne.

Dex-chan lover
@GTX1080Ti The author is quite open in that he has an eroguro fetish. At the same time, he directly warns against attempts to repeat this in real life and says that it would be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread