Blank Canvas: My So-Called Artist's Journey

t

This is still one of my favorite manga.
I need to get all the volumes in japanese, just as collectibles lol.

Cal

Higashimura is very entertaining when speaking of her own life in anecdotes, but this takes it to a different level. I dare to say that this *might* be her best work. Her honesty regarding her own life must have been difficult, but it is what makes it appealing. Despite the less happy parts, as all of her works that I've read, it's also full of humor. My husband and I love this one, though it's bittersweet as we can relate to it in our own ways and has made us reflect on our own paths.

This was beautiful, the fact that this is an autobiography makes it even better, a must read.

Dex-chan lover
Like I said before on batoto, it’s a masterpiece.
I thought that I would be able to avoid crying until a certain part where i started crying for 10 straight minutes.
It’s really a beautiful story.

Fed-Kun's army
sometimes you think „why do i even read these weird comics“ and then a story like this comes along and restores your faith in manga. this was really great! its true that life tells the best stories ^_^

its the second manga after kuragehime ive read by her...ill probably read all her manga if i find the time ♥︎

Group Leader
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
عودة مشروعنا " اتحاد إحياء الروائع " في هذا العمل الرائع " كاكوكاكو شيكاجيكا - Kakukaku Shikajika "
ونتمنى لكم قراءة ممتعة لطرحنا الأول في هذا العمل، عبارة عن 7 فصول من المجلد الأول وبإذن الله مستمرين بالعمل عليها حتى ننتهي منها.
تدوينة العمل: wp.me/s8qpAG-kakukaku

The (wholesome) Whiplash of manga.
In all seriousness, this is very touching. Not only is it based on a real, lived story, but it's told so achingly, it's so heartfelt, that you can't help but compare it to your own struggles, can't help but wonder "what would happen if...", and in general it engages you so much more than a common work of fiction could do. Higashimura Akiko is a genius.

Literally one of the best manga ever made. You don't always come across with such an honest and personal storytelling; this is one of those that grows with you as you get older. Beautiful work.

HCO

Dex-chan lover
Possibly the most acutely painful manga I've ever read. Words are inadequate.

i just realized that weird kid that wanted to waste paper ends up complaining about being broke because he couldn't take a flight

poor guy still hadn't learned the value of money by the end the manga finished

Wow. Not sure if I have ever read a memoir quite like this. Unlike a lot of other manga or even books I read, this one feels so real without being mundane.

Users who are viewing this thread