Bloom Into You - Vol. 4 Ch. 22 - Suddenly Suffocating

Fed-Kun's army
The irony, the setup, the play plot and the internal struggle is all so brilliant. For any introspective person, I'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't thought about how someone should be. Is this something we decide for ourselves? Is our default personality just conditioning? How much can we change as a person?

So much good baked into all of this. Onward.

Dex-chan lover
Yuu get's jealous when senpai is with saeki, invites her over to kiss etc etc. but denies that she doesn't love her? okay

Supporter
Good grief, this manga is incredible. The beautiful overlay where her internal dialogue is covered by her yelling "You Jerk!"
The juxtaposition of "loving someone that hates what you love" and "loving someone that loves what you hate".
Wow, I'm impressed but maybe it's cause the president reminds me too much of myself.

Contributor
What's with yuri and the trope of a beautiful, popular school idol with long black hair facing psychological turmoil that they only reveal to the relatively plain jane mc? I've seen variants of this setup in so many different stories now...

that aside, this chapter was great, thematically

Double-page supporter
huge chapter, i'm really anxious about this working out for them but at least whatever happens i hope nanami gets past this terrible place she's stuck in

this chapter is amazing... but i'm so worried for them touko is in such a terrible state

Fed-Kun's army
...yeah, its coming back.. after all this time re-reading it again. *sigh* for the love of all that's good! this chapter is starting to really bringing it back huh?, hooo boii~ the feels, its coming back..

Touko’s internal struggle with herself and Yuu finally lashing out and getting upset with her was so well done. This was an amazing chapter

Dex-chan lover
What's with yuri and the trope of a beautiful, popular school idol with long black hair facing psychological turmoil that they only reveal to the relatively plain jane mc? I've seen variants of this setup in so many different stories now...

well that’s what happens when you read ti much yuri manga, cuz along the years i never notice such a weird description as i have a feeling you just made it up >.>

Dex-chan lover

4 years later but I think the light and dark hair as well as the short and long hair pairings in yuri MCs is mostly to tell them easily apart visually - hair color is extensively used to tell characters apart in full colored comics as well, but black and white prints can only use black and various shades of grey. As for the trope-y dynamic it's just "opposites attract" which is super common in romance in general.

Users who are viewing this thread