Bloom Into You - Vol. 8 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
perfect end and the perfect amount of chapters for this series

and as expected a time gap but honestly i prefer that as a ending so we can get a look into the future of the characters and this was done well

cause we all know where things will end up as time goes they will be together and will end up living together ect so yeah the perfect end

but well am said for it to be over but like i said ending here was the perfect time to end things cause making it keep going would have really hurt thing imo

anyway an amazing yuri series

Double-page supporter
Love it, the story wrapped up nicely.
But at the same time I feel sad it ended. I've been following this since the beginning, 4 years ago when I was a freshman in uni. Now I'm a senior. It feels like the manga grew up with me.
Im gonna miss this, been a special part of my college life.

Supporter
Big thanks to Nakatani Nio for this beautiful manga and fansubs for translating this jewel <3
Just bought volume 1 today!

This was an amazing ride.
Gonna wait for the second season which should come at some point.
Last time they did an incredible job of expressing the emotions from paper to screen, and I bet these scenes will be beautiful on screen. Especially the last chapter.

Lux

Power Uploader
I'm going to miss this. Definitely one of the best of the yuri genre.

That metaphor of the river and life past memories was touching.

Thus ends one of the greats. I would have liked it to go on a little longer to see some more of them together, but this is a good ending. I will miss it.

It's been a fun ride, y'all, but like all good things, this had to come to an end and I'll definitely miss eagerly waiting for the next chapter to come out. Peace out, Bloom Into You, you'll be missed.

Best yuri ever. Pure love story without suck intruding story but pure realization of love

Dex-chan lover
Thanks to you? Thanks to the most useless character in the series? 🤨
This was okay. Sayaka got someone who loves her... In the most underwhelming way. We got some glimpse of the other character's futures. Honestly, It's all very underwhelming, but the way this story has been written that's no surprise. The characters were the good thing about this series. The writing never did them justice and even made them do things that were totally out of character and gave them ridiculous backstories.

This was a textbook example of the misogynist yuri-template that Citrus and TNR and others follow: A story about a dark-haired love-interest who is portrayed like a helpless melancholy damsel in distress who needs a girl with light hair who is perfect at everything to save her from her life.

These kinds of stories should never be created again. Dark-haired female characters should be portrayed as normal, confident people who can deal with the problems that come their way. Female characters with light hair-colors should be portrayed more often as insecure people who get into situations they cannot handle and as people who get overwhelmed by their emotions and weep uncontrollably.

The unequal way in which female characters are portrayed in fiction is discrimination and it has to stop.

Arguably the best Yuri manga. Sad to see such a good quality series end. I’m really gonna miss this.

@Pachka84

Ill say it just once and then block you. Youre mentally ill - you should dread the day when 'view users posting history' feature will get implemented, for it will put your condition on display to a whole world to see. Each and every single one of your verbal throwups here is about the same bizzare combination of things - misogyny and hair color. How about you try resolving those pathological obsessions with a mental health professional instead of polluting digital space with them? Things stay on the internet forever you know.

---
As for the ending - bleh. Yurists may love their milquetoast bland generic blends of unimpactful immemorable finales, but that doesnt make them good.

That said, I have no idea how to properly end a romance. Chosen solution didnt work particularly well here though.

Group Leader
Personally, this type of ending is my favorite.

Could it have ended sooner, with a more impactful “let’s see what happens”? Yes.

But the best part about these types of endings is that you don’t have to worry. While it can be the fault of the story, leaving romance stories without clearly defined endings is just bad. You can assume everything worked out well, but it is easily not the case. These types of endings allow for everything to be wrapped up, with just enough strings (coming out to mom and some friends, their careers, etc) left to let the reader conclude it! Love it

Dex-chan lover
Thank fuck Sayaka didn't end up with Touka, she deserves someone better
LN > Manga

Users who are viewing this thread