Bloom Into You

Dex-chan lover
@Blue-Plum for the first two volumes look up "j novel regarding sayaka saeki" and the third volume can be found by searching for greatpassage. wordpress

this manga is really my top yuri of all time..ive been addicted to it cause i am somehow connected to Yuu's personality.. it helped me realized a lot of things regarding myself as well..

As best as it seems,there are still some airs that needed to be filled,for example,how will they come out to their friends and parents. What would be their struggles in university life.. Sure someone will say its the typical story bla bla but last chapter still shows how indecisive Yuu is...
Having those rings show they might end up together but how..? You cant just wear a ring without your parents noticing it,right..?
I dont find the ending satisfying at all...

I wonder if Nakatani will make a sequel..
But overall, this manga is a real life situation where a lot can actually relate to some of the characters..Kudos to Nakatani..

Dex-chan lover
Uhhhhh, why is there an entry for that?

Also, the name is spelled wrong.

EDIT: mods fixed the issue, making this comment really strange out of context ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's been a year since I read this, but I still can't get over it. I related much at the characters.
Especially Sayaka, I shedded tears seeing how she struggled with her past and love for Touko. (don't get me wrong I shipped Yuu and Touko)
It just like she deserved better.
But at last , she got her happy ending.

Honestly , I'm a bit dissappointed with the ending. Not satisfying at all , we didn't get to see how would Yuu and Touko come out to their parents.
And here I am hoping we would get to see more of Kanou , and Renma-sensei?
Still , this yuri manga is a masterpiece.
I'd like to read more of Nakatani Nio's works.

@Harmonify@yuzhyuzh,I felt the exactly same way when I finished the last chapter.
I had been expecting a come-out scene since chapter 40. However, as time goes by, I kinda understand why it ends that way. Life is long and challenging. You can never solve all your problems at once. As they mentioned in chapter 44, there will be big changes for sure, like universities or jobs. But the most important thing is they have grown up and are mature enouth to cope with all these together.

@undefinedname yeah.. i understand the ending..it ends well but i just cant deny the fact that there are some still airs left by sensei Nakatani...specially that she made this certain comic anthology like she's insinuating these 2 lovely dummies are still afraid to face the reality that they are lesbians (which is pretty understandable as they are still students), but i just really wanna know how they will come out..i can picture a lot but it will always be different on Nakatani's perspective so yeaaahhh...i really want her to close that case to us,..hahah dont mind me,im just greedy and addicted to this manga..

@yuzhyuzh, yeah~~ I totally understand.
Like I knew Touko would say no to Sayaka, but the way Nakatani sensei put it was just beautiful, always beyond my imagination. And the sex scene, wow, people say "when reading this, I am rolling around in bed like a maggot "--don't get this wrong, it just shows how excited they are.
This is definitly my top1 yuri manga. The interesting thing is, Nakatani sensei has said the point of this story is not yuri/lesbian, but such delicate feelings can only be presented by two girls. I guess she goes deeper. After all, in an ideal world, it doesn't matter whether you are gay or not. Knowing yourself, being yourself, kindness and love will never go out of time.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this was a worthwhile binge.
No masterpiece, but certainly not a mere distraction. Past the tropes and cliches, and the symbolism with all the subtlety of blunt force trauma, there's a really touching story here.
Also, the sex scene is actually tasteful and natural-feeling.
If you're reading this wondering if this is for you, if you like a yuri story with justifiable drama that feels like it was properly planned start to
almost
finish: read this manga.

came here cuz of the anime.. im not really into yuri and stuff since im more of a BL loving girl... but the story is very good. the progress is steady and not rushed or too slow. the dialogue is also very subtle making it pretty worthy to be rated of that 9.22 rating.

Double-page supporter
a beautiful manga, super worth reading. a really pretty and well thought out lesbian coming of age story.

everyone asking for a
coming out scene
should chill lmao, there are all kinds of queer narratives that don't follow that simple pattern.

if anyone wants to @ me or dm me with recommendations for other yuri like this or different-style-but-also-great yuri, i would super appreciate that <3

Users who are viewing this thread