Bloom Into You

Honestly I rarely comment on manga nowadays but I have to say, this is truly a masterpiece. I'm being for real here, the story went very smoothly. I understood the characters perfectly and the feeling it gave me was good. I have never had tears coming out of my eyes while I read manga but this one hit me with a big punch at times. And the way certain experiences were described was perfect. Those experiences caused me to feel more connected to the characters. Rarely do I find manga where I feel like that. So overall this one is a 10/10, truly a masterpiece. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to read romance.

Aggregator gang
What an amazing manga. I would give it more than 10/10 if I could.
Real character development, great portrayal of emotions, fantastic art.
I read all 8 volumes in one sitting. Just wow.

And if you’re unsure because it’s yuri, still give it a go. I tend to avoid yuri myself but this was just... yeah. Something about it that you don’t get with a boy and a girl.

@yangatanga
I just finished, you scare me. This grebe has really pecked a hole in my heart, hasn't it...
How about filling that up with another yuri,
I heard Koushin Koinu ni Koibumi wo is great

I'm basically speechless at this point. This will probably remain no.1 to me for a very long time.
Let me add something about the title though.

The title is both "Eventually I'll become you," and "Eventually you'll become you(rself)". It translates to both, and it means both.
The Japanese title doesn't have a subject. It translates to a broken phrase "eventually becoming you" when taken literally.
Now I just can't stop praising Nakatani Nio, can I?

While it's been a while since I read this one, IIRC, they somehow made the in-manga play non-cringe (hard to do!). Great on them! Although the 9.26 rating is crazy high, solely out of literary competency, I could imagine why it receives such high acclamation.

i miss this manga :( ive watched the anime, read the manga twice, and read the anthology 💔

quick question, did nakatani nio ever wrote the sayaka saeki part? if so, can someone please tell me, thanks!

@luminesent There is a light novel called Regarding Saeki Sayaka, written by Hitomi Iruma (also wrote Adachi and Shimamura) and illustrated by Nakatani Nio. All three volumes have been officially released in English

Probably one, if not THE best yuri/shoujo ai manga. Ticks every checkbox.

The subtle sex scene near the end was just perfect. It shows you don't need to go explicit for a wholesome first time scene. 👀

Just completed the manga, it really is just as good as people say it is. The pacing is especially amazing, most yuri romance mangas tend to either drag on for too long (either by doing nothing or adding gratiutious drama) or go way too fast. This manga however has the most perfect pacing I've ever seen. All in all it is such a pleasant experience that will leave you perfectly satisfied.

What a good read!
The story starts out light and easy, almost slice-of-lifey, but then it gradually gets more emotional and deep. The pacing and the characters' motives are interesting and original.

A healthy amount of embedded narration (story within the story) lets you experience the plot on another level entirely. It almost feels like you're another character, discovering more and more things about the people surrounding you as you get to know them better.

And the art just tops it off - the facial expressions and body language are really on point, and convey the characters' feelings perfectly.

This is probably one of the most conflicting mangas I've read. On one hand everything is such a nice and more towned down version of the hyper sexualized genre that yuri usually is, but on the other hand Yuu's """developing""" feelings for Toukou come out of nowhere. I've read this through about 7 times and I still can't figure out when or where she started to see Toukou romantically. It just feels incomplete and likes something is missing. Not to mention the sex scene at the end feels way too out of place and out of character. It feels like the author all of a sudden just randomly made the two want to have sex even though that hasn't been touched on or hinted at before. It just seemed like fan service and completely out of touch with Yuu's character. Again it's hard giving this such a critical rating because for the most part it has been a much needed break from the over the top unrealistic yuri we're used to, but where it fails it fails hard and I just can't seem to give this a good rating with that in mind. I can only hope someone is inspired by this to make a more down to earth and touching manga, but while fleshing out the relationships in a realistic manner. The best way to describe the issue with this manga is that the author tries to have a more realistic plot and character lineup, but the character development and romance is still far too unrealistic and rushed. This sadly gets a 6.5/10 from me due to the fact it tried to bite off more than it could chew.

decided to give it a try and holy shit, im so glad i made the correct decision. not gonna lie tho, i was expecting a sad ending (like one of them dies or smthing)

Fed-Kun's army
@citrus3301
Yuu's developing feelings are there throughout the whole thing...
In tiny moments that she herself has trouble recognising, honestly though chapter 13 is quite on the nose for being so early, chapter 16 is another.

Yuu main points are her choices. Past Yuu was indecisive and went with the flow. She starts the manga this way but with time she starts to make her own choices. Culminating in choosing Touko as the target of her affection.
Chapter 40 has a good summary of that, so I wonder how you missed it.

If you think it's unrealistic or not is up to you, but I find it charming.

As for the sex scene.
I don't see why this would be out of character for Yuu she finally lets herself experience romantic emotions fully, would it be a stretch to include sex?

Finally, may I suggest.
Sasameki Koto
Girl Friends
Kase-san

At the very least those shouldn't be counted among the hyper-sexualized.
Edited chapter numbers.

ch. 33 page 5, when mc's sister say "Of course, the way we were doing it without being official..." what does this means? someone??

Users who are viewing this thread