Blue Box (Oneshot) - Oneshot

If this ever gets serialised this is how I would do it.
- keep ch 1 as close as to the oneshot with minor changes
- multiple couple - main couple focuses on doing couple stuff / 2nd couple is the "will they, won't they" couple / 3rd couple is someone who changes girlfriend every few weeks until he meets the "one", and maybe add more couples along the way, but nothing too excessive.
- focus on the sports club they're in, could even have a sports arc at some point.
- focus on future careers.
- drama ( Really, i only hate drama when it comes to the misunderstanding trope.)

To summarised, just keep the slice of life aspect heavily intact.

Fed-Kun's army
I would love to see this serialized. I would focus on the presentation of all the couples, maybe divide this one shot on to several chapters, like the match her team lost (maybe showing her losing a two point shot that could get them to a tournament of some sort and that's why she was practicing that same shot over and over crying)
Sports wise, I'd like them to showcase how every rol on a team works (maybe making some side characters with personalities that depict attitudes according to such position or function)
They need tournaments, sport stress can be a good source for a little drama.
They need different sports philosophies, for example, the prodigy that's able to do everything, but might be arrogant and a little lazy; the hard worker that overcomes natural talent with passion and perseverance, but get difficult to deal with when the pressure is on; the carefree who's there to have fun, usually the bottom joke or the stress reliever; the womanizer or man-izer? Who's there for the athletic beautiful people; the redeemed delincuent, is good but at the cost of being the cheap drama maker. Those are on top of my head right now (and I didn't even mentioned antagonists, rivals, friends, family, etc)
Well that's a lot of writing, you need multiple plots for multiple couples, either if they're related to sports, family affairs, backstories, motivations, perspectives on love and life, hobbies, etc.
Also in spite of all of the above, you've got to imagine if it is going to be heavy on plot or a slice of life poit of view.
The idea has great potential, and I hope that it does get serialized, either way they choose to go it can be a great read.

This is cute not sure what can be expanded with full serialization but would be nice if it starts with them dating

Aggregator gang
Get serialized please, and fill this Baby Steps-sized hole in my heart. Two people in a relationship cheering each other on in their athletic endeavors has so much appeal to me. Not sure if the author can write sports though.

Dex-chan lover
I don't really read sports mangas, but this shit was too good man.
I almost choked on my own scream trying to not ruin the moment.

Double-page supporter
Yoooo I hope this mangaka makes his debut serialization soon!

Thanks for TLing this you guys!

@Starbright I can see plenty of material, Horimiya's style. The last page is a bunch of potential couples, plus yeah seeing the MCs dating would be very sweet

Dex-chan lover
Pretty great. Didnt expect him to immediately go for the kiss tho.
Isnt it refreshing to see a boy aiming high for a "super girl" while not being a complete loser? I get the dream like impossible scenery of the loser MC getting a lucky break is more wonderful for most. But i find the balanced type like this one much more relatable and interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god...
That's it, man!
I gotta buy every damn volume of this manga. 'Cause this one fucking shot has already hooked me up!
Thanks for the translation, by the way, and of course, big thanks to the mangaka who made this lovely one-shot manga!

Users who are viewing this thread