Blue Hearts - Vol. 2 Ch. 24 - I can't trust anyone anymore

Fed-Kun's army
thatsss fuuuuccked up... man im fairly emotionally stable but thats almost enough to make me show up the next day with a gun
if they lied to me and that inadvertently made my best friend kill themselves then they gather up and laugh....
you know what a gun is a bit too nice and fast for these monsters ... id use a gun to put down an animal .... but you kill monsters with fire....
Molotovs... glass bottle, strip of cloth, petrol and some petrolium jelly...

What I personally find very interesting about this chapter is the difference between the impact it is having on everyone (myself included) vs when we were dealing with suicide in relife. I distinctly remember everyone being kind of shocked, but not to the point of it being a big deal. This, on the other hand, was hard for me to get through, and even after giving myself a little bit of time away from it to let it sink in, very disturbing.

I say bravo to Yayoi sensei for being able to bring out this feeling of wrongness in a web comic. I rarely find anime/manga/etc to be truly disturbing, even when that's the sole intention.

I want to say it's because this seems like something that a bunch of kids would have actually done, and I cant just write it off as some writer's imagination. We've all seen kids get harrassed in school. Most of us haven't stepped up and done anything, some of us were the kids being harrassed. I had a friend a few years back lose his parents and his brother in a plane crash, and kill himself less than a year later. This feels like something that is rooted in our reality, and combined with the upbeat art style, we're left with something that really hits where it hurts.

VIP
while the bulliying it self is realistic, the last part is too distasteful even for real life. most people wouldn't want to touch crime scene in fear to get involved (and burning it, really? that would leave ash). the whole deal also have lot of witness, you can't cover into shrug by simply burn her last will.. this is very exaggerated.

Group Leader
@Ank

Gosh, I was going to edit it, but I think it's more along the line I don't want to believe it. God, that's sick.

Props for the author on trying to raise awareness, but I have no answer.

Aggregator gang
Hum... I hope they all went to jail, right? Cause HOLY SHIT! Kids these days man...

Aggregator gang
Okay wow wtf???

The bullying in this was so bad that it was up to the point of just not being very realistic. Especially, the scene where they burned her last word. Like who the hell would do that???

Group Leader
Well this class you are allowed to shoot it up... such fucked up minds

This is the first time I'm leaving a comment, I had to write smth down.

Every time I read a manga or watch an anime that got (heavy) bullying in it, I always have to prepare myself because I snap really easily at these...
All I want each time is to slap each bully one after another, trying to imagine how to get the bullied kid out of this situation safely, and gave them a wonderful life.
I freaking feel as powerless as Mizusawa felt at the end of this chapter... Like damn she couldn't do anything... I can't even imagine her state of mind when the letter got burnt down...

I'm so damn upset... Please may the group be able to bring back her lively side asap... :'(

Aggregator gang
I don't leave too many comments while reading Blue Hearts, but damn these kids.
While I do think it's kinda weird for kids to be bullying a kid who's clearly a victim, I can kinda understand how it got to that point.
This manga is totally not the best, it could be much better, but I still appreciate how it can make you feel the situation so much when you read it. Well, maybe it doesn't work the same way for everyone, but it does for me, and I appreciate that.
Heavy stuff, don't know much else to say.

Group Leader
All those "friends" should be fucking pushed off the top of that building. Absolute human garbage.

Author definitely has a screw loose. It's impossible for entire class to be this bad. A few very bad kids? Sure but whole damn class like this? Forced drama bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
At first, the MC being an erratic weirdo with a good heart, reminiscent of Robin from Teen Titans Go, grated on me, but with how dark some of the character arcs are, it may be that's what's needed to bring everything together. Not as satisfying as ReLIFE but that is a very very high bar and the story is coming into its own I think.

MD@Home
Dang, this is heavy... though the plot behind that situation was too much I think, Idk how I would react to someone actually being dead from suicide in front of me... but it would certainly not be, "hey, I gotta take a pic for my social platform to get followers!" kind of disgusting behavior, not to say in mass. That kind of extreme bullying is rare for class size too I think, some people do nothing and pretend to not see but would be the majority compared to being part of the active people doing the deed. But hey, who knows, right? Then there's the situation around the victim, the friends were there but conveniently not there at times, not talking about the planned stuff, but like where's Dai-chan in all this except for consoling Mizusawa? Up to a certain point you can only start beating people up out of rage from the nonsense and inhumanity they are displaying, at least become violently furious and cuss at them for the purest of souls. Not denying anyone's experience here, if you are going through a similar situation, please seek outside help and avoid any impulsive behavior that could lead to or suggest self-harm. The manga so far has been great, it does remind me of other works I have read like ReLife (like everyone else XD) and Sakura Discord, where SD resembles this more with the character setup

Contributor
ALL of them should be in prison for indirect murder, and serve 2 years of free labor.

It would be useful to let them think for a while.

Author definitely has a screw loose. It's impossible for entire class to be this bad. A few very bad kids? Sure but whole damn class like this? Forced drama bullshit.

You say that because you never was with a class as bad as them.

Users who are viewing this thread