Blue Lock - Ch. 203 - Overheat

I don’t really care about your drama with Po2+ but honestly—and I’ve always felt this way about those who pick up translations midway due to impatience—is it worth reading in English at the cost of a drop in quality? I’ll admit that your translations aren’t some Google translate tier borderline incomprehensible nonsense but often times with other manga it can be. And even if it’s not such as in your case I’ve seen many quality translation groups drop a project because of sniping which is something that hurts all readers of a manga. And you just don’t seem to give a damn about that.

I don’t really care about your drama with Po2+ but honestly—and I’ve always felt this way about those who pick up translations midway due to impatience—is it worth reading in English at the cost of a drop in quality? I’ll admit that your translations aren’t some Google translate tier borderline incomprehensible nonsense but often times with other manga it can be. And even if it’s not such as in your case I’ve seen many quality translation groups drop a project because of sniping which is something that hurts all readers of a manga. And you just don’t seem to give a damn about that.
I'm not sure what the argument here is?

I honestly just hated egoist scans from that one chapter that was all vertical text that chapter was fucking cancer but idk if they got better but that chapter was such a chore to read it made me avoid these all together tbh

I'm not sure what the argument here is?
Lol why are you pretending not to know when they answered your statement. Trying to be defensive, I suppose?

Though I admit some of what you said about the other grp is true. But when is non-official scanlation deemed as a right thing? And what you're doing is just... off, even in this morally-grey activities. If you want to do Blue Lock, atleast do it from start, not snipe them. This seems quite improper to me as a reader. It's as if I saw someone else' hard works stolen.

If you want to prove that you are more righteous with this series for not being paid grp. Then do it from start instead sniping

Power Uploader
YOU WERE LATE
images

Group Leader
Lol why are you pretending not to know when they answered your statement. Trying to be defensive, I suppose?

Though I admit some of what you said about the other grp is true. But when is non-official scanlation deemed as a right thing? And what you're doing is just... off, even in this morally-grey activities. If you want to do Blue Lock, atleast do it from start, not snipe them. This seems quite improper to me as a reader. It's as if I saw someone else' hard works stolen.

If you want to prove that you are more righteous with this series for not being paid grp. Then do it from start instead sniping
Just fyi, nothing he said about the other group is true. I've been working with APO2+ for over a year on Yomi no Tsugai and know them well. I'm also one of their raw providers, so my bank statements tend to disagree with his claim of them not buying raws.

love both of the teams scanlations! they both have great vocabulary that really just enhances the badass parts of the manga and a reread is always nice.

Just fyi, nothing he said about the other group is true. I've been working with APO2+ for over a year on Yomi no Tsugai and know them well. I'm also one of their raw providers, so my bank statements tend to disagree with his claim of them not buying raws.
I will not jump to any conclusions here, but do you have any response to the "french translation" argument?

Dex-chan lover
This is why i love the comment section being active again, hmmmmss ahhh smell of drama...

Group Leader
I will not jump to any conclusions here, but do you have any response to the "french translation" argument?
Yeah, we are friends with Scantrad and share redraws with them. A lot of groups share redraws with each other. This is especially convenient when it's groups doing the same series in multiple languages as you're not competing with each other. We share redraws for Vinland Saga with like 6 other groups.

Everything Egoist Scans claims is completely false and baseless slander, and we have all the receipts to prove it. We've tried talking to them before but they don't want to talk. Oh well.

Dex-chan lover
is there a way I can block an uploader so these don't show up in my feed

why do people feel the need to come here and hate nobody is forcing you to read it you are a grown ass adult typing paragraphs because you don't like a manga scan,grow up and move on please.

Double-page supporter
I was in a scanlation team and used to translating some manhwa in another site. I was a translator who translated into Bahasa Indonesia and back then, our team also had some collaboration with scanlation team who translated other languages. There's a time when us, Indonesia scan team use the redrawn page from English scan because our cleaner (and also the one who redraw the raws) was unable to finish the deadline due to some issues irl, so we had no choice but to use the redrawn page of English one without re-redrawing it. It's not because we couldn't buy the raws, but because we couldn't redraw it in high quality within such a short time.

Also, the scan team leader of mine used to pay us with her own money (ik, not everyone was like her) since the donations earned from scanlating was not as much as you thought it would be. So I just feel the urge to leave a comment about it and please just don't easily assume something to instigate a dispute. It's kinda reasonable for the readers of another scan team to raise objections toward Egoist Scans due to the fear of discontinuation of their translation, but that still doesn't mean it was right to attack Egoist Scans. So please don't fight, okay? :(

Users who are viewing this thread