Blue Lock - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Dream

Aggregator gang
@CarVac Agreed!
Seems like the Midousuji guy from Yuwamushi Pedal grew up and planned to start a football factory in battle royale style :D lol they are so similar
247295.jpg

😳😳😳😳Never knew the football fandom is this shit... damn that sux man... kinda quirky doe...

Can't we just get a shounen-like manga where characters are actually complex and actually doesn't have "greatness" as a goal? Like come on. It gets predictable sometimes.

Things I am predicting to happen:

[ul]The guys that obviously have the "delinquent/gonna fuck you up/hehe boobies clown" look will be the angry ones that seem shallow at first but most of them will get kicked out in first round because of their ego (ironic ik), but then some will become part of main cast and will have one arc to say "but actually, I'm quirky and complex" or "eh why not lol im relaxxeeeed" just to set themselves out to distinguish them from a generic shounen anime [/ul]

[ul]Blonde dude either becomes lifelong friends/enemies with protagonists or gets butthurt from their egos being shattered from the very first round, only for both options to result in them in going through a "complex backstory" about how they love football sooooo much that they wanna fuck it grovel in ecstacy.[/ul]

[ul]Tall dude will be disciplined and be like "oh I'm gentle and I piss and shit" and somehow be friendly and/or be friends with everyone and they will go through one arc where they will be like "backstory: so basically, I'm complex, and I dont wanna see people getting toxic and turn everything to a shitshow even if the plot intends it to be"[/ul]

[ul]Creepy dude with t h i c c smile is probably tall or short, but will do underhanded shit, or is some religious wisdom guru or whatnot. Has the james from pokemon hair additionally[/ul]

[ul]obligatory generic typical teen bald head, "ooh lookie lookie its hinata taro from the team"[/ul]
[ul]TWINSSIEEEEEEEESSSHITS AND I OPP SSKSKSKSK[/ul]

[ul]There are the (shorter) not-standing-out dudes who will accompany the tall dudes as lifelong friends (or not), or be complete egoist shitheads, or in the end be the hyper shits they are [/ul]

[ul]Their complex backstories will always involve them becoming egoists as a twist (with dem ahoge faces) after all that flashback and self-reflection as a twist because the obvious outcome would be them learning teamwork and solidarity but this manga has to be quirky [/ul]

[ul]There's the nerd, quiet, video game dude, probably either short or tall, can analyse shit, is a complete egoist but is a shell of an introvert, loses motivation then has an arc where he goes "hahaha fotball is worth my time after all and yes I love ego but in this better way and I piss and shit". Might have long hair.[/ul]

[ul]Average looking dudes are either neutral or sinister and end up like the blonde[/ul]

[ul]One of the dudes will have a horde of girls that stan them hard[/ul]

[ul]And then there's the protagonist[/ul]

And I am somehow still enjoying it all... kinda cursed doe. 😳

Also Pele: I am constantly being asked about individuals. The only way to win is as a team. Football is not about one or two or three star players.
Half of the things he's quoted as saying directly contradict the other half.

Dex-chan lover
he looks like if viktor from despicable me quit being a villain and became a sex offender lol jk
this is football battle royale i guess?
or at least, that's what the guy wants to happen, i'm sure expectations will be subverted in some way more "shonen-ish"
or maybe not and this just goes full edge
either way, i love the art style, and will stick around for more

Double-page supporter
This is the perfect balance of quality and utter stupidity.

The logic of creating an egotistical striker in order to allow Japan to win the World Cup is flawless.

I was on my high school's soccer team as a striker and got so much shit from other players b/c I scored more than them. I felt bad so I decided to focus more on passing the ball to others instead of scoring and they were awful

Maybe this psycho coach has a point lol

soccer is definitely a sport you can't win on your own, but this type of ideology isn't wrong- you can't constantly rely on others and confidence in yourself as an individual player. I guess since in japan, a more community-based society would shame individualistic goals more, especially during a game requiring you to cooperate with others, so it makes sense that they're falling too short in this department to succeed.

Dex-chan lover
IDK why everyone always said that the striker is the "most Important" role of soccer/football, maybe it's because they are the one that kick the ball and the one that is the most and In the camera IDK, but I still think that goalkeeper is the most Important role by far.

Users who are viewing this thread