Blue Lock - Vol. 12 Ch. 95 - Tryout

So the 3rd clear team had 3 of their members in the top 6. Can't wait to see what they're capable of compared to everyone else.

Fed-Kun's army
top 6 devide 3 team and 27 remain device to 9 team. That mean each A, B, C will work with 3 teams 3 members to make a 5 members team. Top 6 will have 3 games. But how can they choose a member after only one match? This kind of rush.

I've LOVED this manga so far. I'm aware what I'm going to say here might be an unpopular opinion, but seriously, this is just bad writing.

How the fuck is Isagi not in the top 6 after all that he's shown so far? Even if you discount his achievements, look at the ranks of the dudes barring Nagi and Rin that made it to the top 6. 23, 33, 69 and 111?! These ranks were decided PURELY on an individual basis before the team phase (scoring goals against that robot keeper). Not only that, these dudes couldn't even clear the team phase quickly, with some of them even losing multiple times. And now you're telling me the dude who ranked 111 on the basis of individual skill is now rank 2 just because he scored a solitary goal? His own teammate (Buddha) was questioning if he was that good here ffs. And are we just going to forget that Isagi had a HUGE part in Rin's goal? And also the fact that Rin considers him a rival... I get the fact that they want #111 to be the new adversary to Isagi but this is just laughably stupid.

Well, can't help it now. Hope the story gets better from here.

Isagi's only weakness before the team phase was a lack of individual skill, yet he finished #15. And since then, he's gotten incredibly stronger individually while having skills that make him a killer team player. I would have been fine if dudes who ranked higher than him (1-14) were placed in the top 6. But yeah, let's just ignore that and elevate dudes who not only had worse individual ability than Isagi, but who also couldn't clear the team phase as quickly.. Why even bother having a ranking system when you give the dude a rank of #111 and then say he's now #2. How can his shitty attitude play a part in holding him back during the individual phase to place him #111 when all he had to do was score goals as quickly as possible on his own against a robot keeper lol?

This honestly makes zero sense to me. If it does to you, I'm glad to hear your opinions.

@A_r41 Objectively I do believe you are quite right but that is exactly why author showed us how the ranks was decided this time.

Based on criteria showed by Ego, there is no way Isagi is even close to top 6. The most important thing seems to be the fact whether or not the player scored goal in previous match against world's select and we now Isagi didn't. Yes he did take part in goal Rin scored but in Blue Locks standard it has to be seen more like Rin used Isagi, then Isagi actually helping - this is always how Blue Lock worked.

Then we have amount of goals scored in First Selection, and again it is not something that would promote Isagi. At the beggining Isagi was quite weak and he took his sweet time before reaching high level. IIRC he only scored like 2 goals during First Selection which is pretty poor result. Not to mention that even in recent matches Isagi despite improving a lot, Isagi still does not seem like a player who really scores a lot of goals. Tbh currently he seems more like offensive midfielder then actual striker and that is a big flaw here.

World Select's probably didn't evaluate him to high either as in match against them he didn't really showed anything special. So the only criterium where he could gain points would be Egos own judment, so it is perfectly understable why Isagi isn't in top 6.

You could argue whether or not this criteria are really fair but honestly there is no way to make this kind of thing completly fair.

Dex-chan lover
@Kanami-chan prolly because it's less bullshit to play football with 5 strikers in a team rather than 11?
At least we know they can't stick with futsal with their match against U-20 team

Group Leader
@A_r41
You can enter the 1st stage whenever you're ready.
The cuhrazy dude was probably slacking off and came in much later.
That's why he ended up teaming up with the baldy

Wait number 3, 4 and 5 were in the same team in second selection !!?? I wonder what kind of match they put against the world 5 to get such rankings, but they didn't score any goal so I'm confused. Maybe their team of 3 just 5-0 every team during the previous selection.

You can score more if you lose more and climb back up... that with some of the unknowns in top6 being on same team makes it seem unlikely that they could have scored that much.

Idk seems a bit contrived.

Dex-chan lover
@A_r41
Same man. Like the manga is hype for sure and the action is great but to make sense of the Blue Lock system itself is harder than quantum mechanics. Like why the heck would Nagi be chosen as a top 6 when the only thing he has is a great first touch? How about the princess or baka four eyes speed? How about Isagi vision? The ranking will never makes sense to me. Like previously Jyuibei and the scaredy guy were 2 and 3 respectively and now they're not even in the top 6? What the? Ego is the worst person to handle Blue Lock and I honestly believe the author just made up this top 6 bullshit to hype the new characters.

maybe ego didn't choose the rest because he has high expectations for the ones that weren't chosen haha idk.
thank you for the translation!!

@Sonaldo
I mean honestly I agree on that stuff you said about Nagi not having much, but that's only from our's and Isagi's perspective. We didn't see what Nagi went through after their loss to Rin's team, and considering how they had to play at least two more games plus the World's Select team I'm sure he's done a lot more than Rank 2 and 3 who basically just piggybacked off Rin during this whole stage without a single loss. As we've seen in this stage losses were a big part of allowing themselves to improve considering the extra playtime.

Dex-chan lover
@ceagee
No wait. Seriously man. Every characters in Blue Lock has their own specialties. They all are important to a striker. But Nagi has a great first touch. That's it. Like how is that enough to make him top 6 skillwise? No way that is justified.

Damn. On one hand I'm fine with Isagi not being Top 6/7 as it shows that a lot of these other guys who've gotten here have likely gone through similar breakthroughs and evolutions, but god damn I was really hoping he'd have made it to that tier after everything we've seen. I'm fairly certain Ego knows of his insane potential after his time so far at Blue Lock so I wouldn't be surprised if he is just using this as motivation for the non top players to find even more "chemical reactions". All in all, I still love the fuck out of this series and I need moooore

Fed-Kun's army
Awww I'm sad that Isagi didn't make it to at least top 7 even after all that. Honestly I don't get how Nagi's up there; as someone else pointed out, although he's very hyped up, he isn't really all that much. Bachiro too kinda, I feel like Barou showed more potential than the both of them. Also the rankings don't make any sense, how did all these large number players make it to top 6 (especially 111-->2, wtf)? The author obviously just randomly pull this out to hype us up for these new characters lol. (It's kind of working.)
The good thing is that this probably sets Isagi up for one hell of a training arc/some kind of growth or enlightenment to put him a step above the rest, which I'm really excited for.

@Napeti
Agreed, being the main character doesn’t automatically afford him a place in the top six. Especially when at the start of this entire program he was always lagging behind. When it comes to being a team player he is definitely up there but when it comes to being a solo act the MC really isn’t that scary talent wise compared to guys like Rin, Nagi, Mr.Villain, Demon Boy and several others who ALSO pull their weight and having access to the same training facility. To make matters worse his physical stats aren’t even that impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread