Blue Lock - Vol. 12 Ch. 95 - Tryout

Dex-chan lover
Well, if we remember correctly, stage one of the first selection was based on who stepped up to go next and how fast they could do in an hour. And at first, players didn't rush to go in first, not to mention if we assume there were multiple rooms for the first stage to make the process go quicker (cause lets face it, 125 people taking up a full hour would take way longer than the passage of time the manga implies), so those that finished slower than others doesn't necessarily mean they're bad. Just that they went into the first stage later than most.

And Isagi not being in the top seven makes sense in a lot of ways if you think back on his past matches and why others would be chosen above him. While yeah he's the MC and yeah he's been showing potential, so have the others. Nagi has natural talent that's been pushed to a further insane degree but he's not quite at Rin's level. Bachira is the same, he was already good just by goofing around but the proof being in how he blazed past 4 players showed the potential actually taking a concrete form.

Not to mention based on the pro's recommendations and recording of the footage, aside from the start Isagi didn't really act impressively enough compared to Rin and Bachira.

While Isagi's abilities are good, Rin is still way better than him in all accounts and Isagi is still more of a support than a striker.

Plus the whole point of Blue Lock is to bring out further depths of talent through pressure and you either make it or don't. That's why the rankings are never set in stone since if a player doesn't crumble and pushes himself even further to reach greater heights in the way Ego wants, they can outclass others even at the last second.

I'm pretty sure this is why Rin picked Isagi too (besides MC plot armor) he's good enough to be an asset with abilities similar to Rin's, but he wasn't good enough to really be a threat.

At least those are my thoughts. XD

Fed-Kun's army
The writing on this chapter is POG. Looks like EGO is genius as always.

I want Isagi to crush them and be number 1, but its gonna take a while.

See ya guys in the next chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread