Blue Lock - Vol. 8 Ch. 65 - A Prank of Fate

Fed-Kun's army
I came to the comment section to see what people talking about. Maybe next move by dethroned barou? But It all about a word of insult....
Okay

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi

This guy gets it. Tries a bit too hard to make people with a victim mindset see the light to my tastes, but nothing wrong with trying to be a teacher. You a smart person, I appreciate you.

Also, scanlation drama aside, translation group is doing good.

Keep it hot and raw as this manga deserves to be, let the kids glove people leave if words offend them so much.

why these ppl offended by retard words, me and my friend usually use that each other as daily basis but no one offended 😏

I really don't know who will win...but if Isagi/Nagi/Barou lose I hope the other guys take Nagi lmfao

Power Uploader
Translator here.
Using derogatory labels about mental disability is pretty rare in the Japanese language and doesn't even fit this context. This is a trash translation.

What the actual fuck...why these peoples are angry???...its not like its directed to you...I think the translation are befitting...because on how its portrayed.....its made by the same person who made jagaaan and even as the gods will....I think...the translator is good...it would change its atmosphere if you want to be nice...this is about egos and the likes..and destroying it mercilessly...being offended by that is a nonsense...you might want to read Kaneshiro's mangas...you're just too sensitive for his works

Fed-Kun's army
can't see barou getting fucked off right no

He is close to what ego was talking about strikers being egotists.

Barou is not a King.

A King is a Leader. It is his job to be decisive, take action, defeat challengers. A King that no one will follow is no King at all. The reason he felt like a King is because he was playing at a level where others followed him. He was a King of a small pond. He is at the next level, a sharkpit. He has to up his game now because the people he expects to follow him are much better than the ones who submitted to him in the past

Edit - people are expressing moral outrage (?) over the retard word is mad. first off, we don't know if the original japanese was indeed retard. I find if hard to believe to be honest. second, he is inciting barou to evolve if he didn't need barou to win, he wouldn't even talk to him (apathy)

Dex-chan lover
@KageLycan

Translations are hardly ever 1:1 kind of thing.

Like, one thing is to translate, say, "apple". It's a physical fruit, pass it around by two people who speak different languages and sure, you get a 1:1 translation.

Now, when you get to culture shit, stuff get's muddled. What can be heavily insulting in one language might not translate well into a 1:1 scheme. For exemple, in brazillian portuguese, you could call a cheating man a "Dog" as a slang. That, naturally, does not translate 1:1 into english, so one could forego the cultural context into "cheater".

So yeah, translating is not a simple thing, and one could argue that preserving the narrative is more important than being a 100% loyal to a 1:1 translation (there's a reason most companies that translate stuff don't try to keep to the 1:1 proportion).

Other people have gone more into the detail of this particular translation, and I'm just explaning how translating stuff works, all that said.

"derogatory labels about mental disability is pretty rare" is not a reason to bash this.

Power Uploader
wanna see more errors?
Screenshot_16.png

it's not, "if they steal the next one." it's "if they score one more goal."

Screenshot_18.jpg

this is particularly egregious.
"lined up horizontally" -> "run side by side"
"if he brings it to that " - what does this even mean? a translation that makes more sense is "if he brings the ball up"
and if you don't see what's wrong with what they did to what belongs to monologue and what's part of dialogue, then even god can't help you.

Every chapter of this except for mono scans' release is a mistranslation field day.

I barely know shit about this stuff but it could be because they're kind of rushing TL's to catch up?

Group Leader
lmao if you think this pace of translation is actually fast.

Either way, no matter what pace something gets translated at, that is no justification to completely butcher the order of dialogue, the dialogue itself in the first place, etc. etc. Read something written by the scanlation group instead of the Japanese mangaka then.

Basically, this scanlation team is HETAKUSO.

This is why most people hate snipers in the manga community, since they pushed away a more competent group (Mono scans).

Users who are viewing this thread