Blue Lock

Still kinda pisses me off with this whole premise of a team sport where there's only one true important player - the striker - but that's what we all signed up for sigh It's on me for migrating here from Haikyu!!

Still, you'd think even the audience would boo when someone hip checks their own teammate?? Like dude, if Isagi didn't do the lefty shot, that ball would probably been thrown to Kaiser for a point, but that's still leaving it up to a possibility rather than the TEAM WINNING ANOTHER POINT fjlskdfjsldkfj but then again, ig the whole point is just for a striker to shine in Blue Lock.... It all circles back.

This manga really keeps you eyeing it weekly, even when it's aggravating.

Football manga for people who don't like football and don't care about it. It's actually kinda disrespectful to the sport itself even.
Not really , it's literally creating the best striker. These are not the only players who will represent Japan but the entire premise is that Japan has not had a star striker so they need to create one. If you think it disrespects football the entire concept went right over ya head. I mean what successful national team has won the world cup without a amazing striker

Dex-chan lover
Not really , it's literally creating the best striker. These are not the only players who will represent Japan but the entire premise is that Japan has not had a star striker so they need to create one. If you think it disrespects football the entire concept went right over ya head. I mean what successful national team has won the world cup without a amazing striker
Argentina just a few months ago, Germany 2014, Italy 2006, France 1998, do i need to go on? Japan failed in the last two world cups because their goalkeepers are abysmal, not because they lacked firepower upfront. Don't talk about what you don't know anything about.

OH and also because of how the format works, it is possible to literally stumble your way into a world cup title without scoring a single goal, you just need to not concede and win every penalty shootout (assuming a very rare and specific scenario in group stage where you qualify second with 3 draws and win head 2 head against 3rd place on yellow cards). In knockout formats the goalkeeper is the most important player on the team by far.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Argentina just a few months ago, Germany 2014, Italy 2006, France 1998, do i need to go on? Japan failed in the last two world cups because their goalkeepers are abysmal, not because they lacked firepower upfront. Don't talk about what you don't know anything about.

OH and also because of how the format works, it is possible to literally stumble your way into a world cup title without scoring a single goal, you just need to not concede and win every penalty shootout (assuming a very rare and specific scenario in group stage where you qualify second with 3 draws and win head 2 head against 3rd place on yellow cards). In knockout formats the goalkeeper is the most important player on the team by far.
Kinda agree, I mean isn't Noah already proof of how ego isn't everything. It's kind poetic how in the manga about Ego the best striker is the one that has no Ego.

Also the manga already failed on it's own merid when Barou isn't the protag. Barou is quite literally the very essence of Ego, he literally don't give a shit about anything except scoring. Isagi and other need to work with chemical reaction or other bs stuff which honestly is just teamwork.

Argentina has Messi arguably the greatest footballer of all time who plays up front, France has mbappe , Brazil neymar, Portugal Ronaldo so on and so forth so calm your tits down and have a normal discussion without getting in your feelings.

Even if Japan had a great goalkeeper hell the best goalkeeper who do they have to score for them?

I may have been hyperbolic so sure you can cherry pick a few teams that win without an exceptional striker but the vast majority have world class strikers on the team. Again Argentina this year, France last year , Germany is a well oiled machine so while not standout sticker when they won their whole team was consistently solid. No one performed at less than 8/10. That's an exception not the norm. 2010 prime Fernando torres. 2002 Brazilian Ronaldo.

I'm not saying these players are the only reason their teams won but it's ludicrous to make the statement that they aren't necessary for the team to win. Furthermore to simply suggest Japan need a goalie and they'd be fine is a super hot take. Please name me a world class striker from Japan ? Because they are definitely lacking in firepower.

So again your argument of this is for people who don't like football is just wrong. They have a specific premise of we need a good striker and we are going to work on making that striker. It's a sports manga it's gonna exaggerate stuff. Kuroko basket is one of the most popular sports series and that just about follows normal basketball. You can enjoy the bombastic nature of a sports anime without it 1:1 being representative of the sport.

Last edited:
Kinda agree, I mean isn't Noah already proof of how ego isn't everything. It's kind poetic how in the manga about Ego the best striker is the one that has no Ego.

Also the manga already failed on it's own merid when Barou isn't the protag. Barou is quite literally the very essence of Ego, he literally don't give a shit about anything except scoring. Isagi and other need to work with chemical reaction or other bs stuff which honestly is just teamwork.
Isn't ego simply knowing your the best and being able to turn 0s - 1s basically guaranteeing your team goals. Noah is portrayed to have no ego because he is already at the top and everyone and himself knows it. He doesn't have anything to prove because he can guarantee results the moment he steps on the field. His whole teams philosophy focuses on the "best player" and everyone facilitating for that player. A system designed around the biggest egoist which was shown when it was Kaiser Vs Isagi for dominance of the team and why noah ended up helping Isagi in the end ( read that chapter a while ago so open to being wrong on that last point)

Dex-chan lover
Isn't ego simply knowing your the best and being able to turn 0s - 1s basically guaranteeing your team goals. Noah is portrayed to have no ego because he is already at the top and everyone and himself knows it. He doesn't have anything to prove because he can guarantee results the moment he steps on the field. His whole teams philosophy focuses on the "best player" and everyone facilitating for that player. A system designed around the biggest egoist which was shown when it was Kaiser Vs Isagi for dominance of the team and why noah ended up helping Isagi in the end ( read that chapter a while ago so open to being wrong on that last point)
The series isn't about Ego like changing number from 0 to 1. it's about Ego as in Egoist in which Ego said themself to devour other and only play for yourself which only Barou is doing. Isage might overtake the system but he play into the system which is why it's not egoist, Barou warp the system to fit his will thus why i think the series failed when it isn't focused on Barou.

Noah have no Ego bc he play with statistic rather than emotion like kaiser, his character doesn't need dynasty he only need spread sheet of stats. He have no Ego bc his character doesn't need him to be in the center of the team, it's proven by him letting Kaiser dynasty system which focus on Kiaser does it's thing and becoming a pawn to Isagi and not joining on Ego game of devouring each other.

Also Bastard Munche isn't the best player it's the best tactic to win. Noah choose Isagi not bc he as a player is the best but bc he as a game master see the way to win first by blocking that shoot from Reo.

Dex-chan lover
Argentina has Messi arguably the greatest footballer of all time who plays up front, France has mbappe , Brazil neymar, Portugal Ronaldo so on and so forth so calm your tits down and have a normal discussion without getting in your feelings.

Even if Japan had a great goalkeeper hell the best goalkeeper who do they have to score for them?

I may have been hyperbolic so sure you can cherry pick a few teams that win without an exceptional striker but the vast majority have world class strikers on the team. Again Argentina this year, France last year , Germany is a well oiled machine so while not standout sticker when they won their whole team was consistently solid. No one performed at less than 8/10. That's an exception not the norm. 2010 prime Fernando torres. 2002 Brazilian Ronaldo.

I'm not saying these players are the only reason their teams won but it's ludicrous to make the statement that they aren't necessary for the team to win. Furthermore to simply suggest Japan need a goalie and they'd be fine is a super hot take. Please name me a world class striker from Japan ? Because they are definitely lacking in firepower.

So again your argument of this is for people who don't like football is just wrong. They have a specific premise of we need a good striker and we are going to work on making that striker. It's a sports manga it's gonna exaggerate stuff. Kuroko basket is one of the most popular sports series and that just about follows normal basketball. You can enjoy the bombastic nature of a sports anime without it 1:1 being representative of the sport.

B5AeoA5.png

These are all of Japan's matches from the past 3 world cups. 2014 they conceded 6 goals in 3 games which is a goals conceded/game ratio that cripples any team. 2018 they went out despite leading 2-0 against belgium because of Kawashima's blunders. In 2022 they managed to defeat both Spain and Germany, winners of 2010 and 2014 and lost on penalties to semifinalists Croatia, whose goalkeeper, Livakovic, was considered the best in the competition, that is, before the final and the heroics of the Argentine goalkeeper Emi Martinez.

So i can safely say that if Japan had a world class goalkeeper they would've gone further on both occasions, maybe even reach the semis like Croatia did.

The one "getting in your feelings" is you, because you have no argument. Neymar's a winger, and Messi's a midfielder. Just because they score a lot of goals doesn't mean they are strikers. And Messi hasn't played upfront in nearly a decade, and when he did he was called a "false 9". And if you really knew a bit about Messi you would know he's the opposite of a selfish player. He's an alumni from la masia and they preach and follow Cruyff's 14 rules. The first one is literally:

'To accomplish things, you have to do them together.'

So the greatest player of our century, and at worst top 3 of all time is the antithesis of what is preached in this manga, and the most successful club team of recent times played in a way that's the opposite of what this manga preaches. Football is a team sport, and the only reason i say the goalkeeper is the most important player of the team in a knockout format is because of penalty shootouts, which so happens to be how Japan went out last world cup.

Last edited:
kunigami is so emo im HOLLERING at the way he ran up on Ness and said the corniest shit I love this manga sm

Miv

Aggregator gang
I found it great up until recently. After having read Ao Ashi it really quickly became almost unreadable.

Blue Lock is great BECAUSE it's cringe. Everyone saying it's stupid or the way the characters talk isn't realistic have never spent much time around people their age. I love how silly and emo they all are about football!!! They just wanna kick a ball. I will never be that passionate about anything.

What's with this mangaka and soccer? Fuck soccer!!!! I bet there's also faggotry everywhere just like kamisama no iutori 2. So stupid.

Blue Lock is great BECAUSE it's cringe. Everyone saying it's stupid or the way the characters talk isn't realistic have never spent much time around people their age. I love how silly and emo they all are about football!!! They just wanna kick a ball. I will never be that passionate about anything.
"Great because it's cringe". You deserve a baseball bat beating.

Users who are viewing this thread