Blue Period - Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
''It's okay to live your life holding onto that grief forever''

Well, it's not like you really get to choose if you can get over grieving like that, but it's nice to finally have somebody telling Yakumo that his emotions are valid and as legit as anyone else even if he consider that he wasn't even that close to Machiko

Maybe telling him this will help him move on.

Thanks for the TL!
I hope it isn't rude to give feedback to the group like this, but in this chapter I really noticed that some speech bubbles that are connected side-by-side (such as on p.6 and p.28) have the text put in left-to-right, reversing the flow of reading mid-page. It's kind of hard to read this way since you end up having to throw the brakes and re-read it in the "wrong" order (for a right-to-left comic layout). If anyone from the group sees this, I hope you understand what I'm trying to say (and no offense meant, of course); it's not a huge fix, but being mindful of the reading flow of the page would help smooth things out a lot. Anyway, I appreciate your work, thank you!

Dex-chan lover
Hell yeah he will become a perpetually brooding artist, he is gonna make it big now

Dex-chan lover
''It's okay to live your life holding onto that grief forever''

Well, it's not like you really get to choose if you can get over grieving like that, but it's nice to finally have somebody telling Yakumo that his emotions are valid and as legit as anyone else even if he consider that he wasn't even that close to Machiko

Maybe telling him this will help him move on.
I think his reaction, both has him validated and realize how much refusing to accept this has hurt him. I think its deeply unhealthy for someone to constantly utilize unprocessed trauma from a death of another individual for their own art, and his lashing out both times this chapter felt more like a self flagellation. As if him using his grief to further his art was also a way that he was using her death to make himself a better artist/ better art which he uses to make a living. In a way he's also trying to use her as a commodity, and every arguments he's said here was his endless justification to refuse accepting her death in a more meaningful way.

Dex-chan lover
I think his reaction, both has him validated and realize how much refusing to accept this has hurt him. I think its deeply unhealthy for someone to constantly utilize unprocessed trauma from a death of another individual for their own art, and his lashing out both times this chapter felt more like a self flagellation. As if him using his grief to further his art was also a way that he was using her death to make himself a better artist/ better art which he uses to make a living. In a way he's also trying to use her as a commodity, and every arguments he's said here was his endless justification to refuse accepting her death in a more meaningful way.
I don't think he's doing this on purpose to make better art, he refuses to process his grief ( partly because i doesn't feel valid to be grieving like if he was a family member) that cause him strong emotions, his art happends '' strong' because of this

But problem is, yakumo is a pretty tough cookie and straight out ignore it, he managed to live like a hobo for most of his life, he totally underestimate his trauma and might think that this unsolved pain is just an small inconvinience like a hole in your shoe or not having enough money for lunch, but the story show how all this will always be coming back blowing on his face when he least expect it, like how he makes a huge hissy fit at the exhibition or how he bust into tears after yotasuke's comment ( bless his soul for not reading the room and pointing out the elephant in it )

Grieving is shitty, hard, long, confusing, there is no perfect guidebook for that, and it's not a romanced thing made of classy mourning clothes and rainy burials like you saw it in pop culture, i cannot garantee that you'll get a good closure at the end, but i can assure you that you will get a bad ending if you ignore it

Dex-chan lover
i feel like this series is still confusing to read both the writing and the visual layout, but from what i understand of artists/life, pain can make you grow, as long as you let it. you dont have to forget the pain, but you cant let it keep you frozen in place

The chapter was excellent as always. But please, can we see the double page as one. They are three beautiful double page in this chapter and I have to use paint to see them. it's a shame...

Dex-chan lover
The chapter was excellent as always. But please, can we see the double page as one. They are three beautiful double page in this chapter and I have to use paint to see them. it's a shame...
Or you could setup your dex to show them.

Just checked, there also were not double pages in this chapter. But some really pretty single ones.

Or you could setup your dex to show them.

Just checked, there also were not double pages in this chapter. But some really pretty single ones.
There are doubles pages but cut in two. The flower painting of yakumo, the exposition of Sanada and brush of Sanada at the end.
In Ippo chapter I have no issue with double pages.

Users who are viewing this thread