Blue Period - Vol. 5 Ch. 20 - Our Color Blue

Double-page supporter
I love this manga... Yuka's storyline has definitely been a highlight for me, really cool chapter

Fed-Kun's army
This was another amazing chapter! The setting was so intimate and the dialogue was amazing. Looking forward to see how Yuka will progress from here

With only 20 chapters trasnlated Easily one of my favorite seinen manga out there , this was one of if not the best chapter of the series , looking forward to what happens next .
This manga shows raw and literarly naked emotions of it's characters and doesn't shy away from showing sensitive topics like this .

And i think we all want more Yuka-chan

bro this manga makes me feel shit, like real shit, like the kind of shit I can't put into words. fuck probably one of the best manga i've read ever

I love this series!
I hope Yatora passes, and Ryuuji returns to the art he loves. He could definitely make it in.

@RagingDragon Honestly, that's a mood. I'm a failed arts student because I never really "got it" and put myself in art at all so like bro this shit hits different. Haven't felt this melancholic about some manga since oyasumi punpun. Best stuff to read, but while its in limbo and I can't binge it i'm struggling because there's no CATHARSIS YET AAAAGH Waiting for this is gonna be painful and also wanna make me re-enroll in art school lmao.

maybe the solution to my gloomy mood is to chill with my bros butt naked and draw my potato lookin ass. πŸ€”

this manga is a literal masterpiece !! πŸ˜­πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
thank you sooo much for translating and for your hard work !!
looking forward the next chapter !!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Dex-chan lover
what an emotional kaleidoscope
idk if this makes sense but the psychological aquarium of this manga is just so mesmerizing
the narration is not some random, #deep, pseudo-prose stuff but actual thought-out lines that hit hard and close to home
i just reread this chapter 3 times, i'm completely blown away
it's so beautiful

as for romance/my own self-indulgence, i'd really love to see them become a thing πŸ’›, but i don't think we'll get that route ☹ fingers cross tho
that whole 2nd half's dialogue and compositions are just out of this world, so natural and ethereal at the same time - a surreal quality to it, almost like a murakami novel
oh man... i'm so hyped for yatora's works after this, i feel like it helped him grow/shed a lot of that mental weight
maybe a translucent blue-hued palette πŸ’™, inspired by the early morning sea, which would fit with the "using less colors to their maximum potential" theme 😊

How does it feel to be so passionate about something. I already have my bachelor's but still feel empty. I'm so fking jealous of the likes of Yaguchi that can be so passion driven that he sees nothing else

I actually hope someone in this manga gave up art and realised even if you failed in something doesn't mean that there's all there is to it. All the things you've been through, new things you discovered, new people you met, how you felt, that's all part of wonders in life. Life is good bruh. Live them everyday

i've reread this a few times, such a good chapter, their relationship was always one of the highlights of this already exceptional manga, in terms of the nuance behind it atleast
just the mc's slight instinctual resistance but also his slight heartfelt interest for seemingly no reason is just great, it doesn't really have to be a romantic thing, but it's something that makes you hope they become closer

despite being such different people, they are still so similar somehow after all, something about their earnestness and passion, both fragile and innocent
it makes sense that ryuji was the one who drew him into all this art stuff

it's one of the big beauties of life, meeting unfamiliar people who somehow have more in common with you than most of the other famaliar people who you've met before throughout your life , who should seem much more similar to you on the surface,
people mean and feel all the same things a lot of the times but they just say it in different ways i guess, depending on their own circumstances

i also don't get why and if the translator dropped this already because it's been some time since this release
cause that would be a shame, this a genuine gem

Group Leader
It's hard to put into words, but I really feel this to be one of the single greatest chapters I've ever read. Without context, it's nothing, but it becomes something much more with the sudden break in atmosphere, or the strong tension for so long without Ryuji. It feels like their relationship throughout the entire manga comes to a tense climax here, with both characters out of their comfort zones. Truly a work of art to me

Yes, this chapter truly captures the essence of why there are nude self-portraits. It's usually not narcissism, it's a dialogue with yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread