Blue Period - Vol. 6 Ch. 25 - No Regrets

Dex-chan lover
Shit. As a scholarship student Yatora's reaction is ridiculously relatable. It doesn't feel real, then you are happy. And then... You feel nothing, empty. Like, "I did this, yeah... So what? Where do I go from here? Forward? It's this really forward? Do I really deserve this over all the other applicants in the first place? Maybe I'm just lucky."

That's why when Yatora says that he wasn't trying to be humble I believe it.

Kuwana not passing too it's really unfair and hits me hard... It's like that friend I was confident could also get the scholarship but in the end did not and had to take an exam for a public university next year. (They passed, but public education in my country is rather hectic. Particularly in a year like 2020)

That takes me back to the day when I passed my entrance exams for the university I've dreamed of since childhood.
The course ended up being a hell of a nightmare to be honest (engineering) but the day I saw my name on the list is still my most precious memory.

When they make Blue Period into an anime this chapter would be a perfect ending for a season 1. I’m gonna miss some of the characters especially the teachers (;-;) since it looks like they are going introduce a new setting. I can’t wait to see more of Yatora’s growth as an artist and person. I also can’t wait to see some of the uni students as well, especially the spicy boi on the cover of vol 8. I expect great things for the future since the author also went to Gendai and can bring even more her experiences as an art student into the manga.

But I gotta say, using your own real life college as a setting/milestone for your manga is big dick energy.

The comment section:

cover3.jpg

Dex-chan lover
SO FUCKING SAD FOR KUNAWA-CHAN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 😞😩😭 FOR ME, SHE'S THE BEST GIRL IN THE SERIES. I HOPE WE SEE MORE OF HER.

Phew, reading this chapter is like relieving my university admission announcement day all over again. I’ve graduated quite a while ago but god I screamed the EXACT same way as I was back then. That feeling of uneasiness.....dissipated the moment you knew your entire hard work has been paid off.

Being able to remind the readers a long forgotten yet undoubtedly precious fragment of their own memory by portraying the uncannily relatable emotions of its own characters, that’s how well written this manga is.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
It's incredible how capable this manga is of tying my stomach into absolute knots

I'm glad he passed

Dex-chan lover
NOOOOOOOO KUWANA-SAN...

Glad to see Yatora making it though, I was wondering if he's gonna fail just so he and Ryuji could be ronin together, but I guess that was too much of a cliché development.

Aggregator gang
As a new grad student looking for a job, this hits home hard. From "my real ability only consists of what I can actually do it counts" to being drawn shocked and all alone when he made it- beautiful chapter.

This take me back
when i want to enter one university (which pass)
I used to join cram school like yatora, practice drawing and such
so when I pass the exam it feels like a dream
for a mere person like me that accepted in prestigious university

and now
I'm graduating
time flies

I'm more surprised the other 2 failed. This is going to be the 3rd time the manga change the main ensemble cast. Pretty brave.

Users who are viewing this thread