Blue Period - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Crash

these last chapters have hit me so hard, I went through very similar things when I entered my master's degree, a constant feeling of inferiority and not belonging (something like the imposter syndrome), after a year I feel that I still didn't recovered, is a constant pain, I hope it doesn't end like that for Yaguchi.
thank you so much for the translation!

Goddamn it these few chapters really hits home. I majored in architecture, and although it's not as "pure" as art, the atmosphere of being in a studio with people who you judge are much better than you, the dread of anticipation waiting for the professor to judge your work, and the harsh yet honest critique the professor gave you that want to make you stab a knife to your chest. This manga really capture it all really well

This manga seems to capture how sanctimonious and stuck up uni professors really are. Even in my graphic design degree the majority of them used students. One would be smoking weed constantly and putting down students (literally went up to me and said I should get an agent for being an ugly person, wtf); another I caught drunk and making out with a student; and finally the head actually used students as puppets for her own research.

Anyone thinking of going uni, do not go and instead take an apprenticeship.

that professor is intentionally fucking with him for tough love

he remembered the initial conversation when he asked "have you decided on an approach". then pretended to not remember to prove a point. he was also happy to see a student at school working so this is 1 on 1 advice in a way

Feeling like this is why I dropped out, so damn am i trying not to cry. I haven't done anything creative in months.

It's okay MC. I dropped out of university a few years back because I couldn't afford it and now I'm trying to regain my love for art again. Sucks ass but that's life.

Failure is a part of life. So it’s all good. Honestly expected the mess to end up becoming art through the usual ass pull of manga, so this was a pleasant surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread