Blue Period

zia

It's surprisingly good, i like it very much. As a person who also learn in an art university, somehow this is pretty accurate and some aspect also realistic, even if you are not into art at all, the main character is also really new to art, the manga try to introduce and explain what art is all about and give some viewpoint. It even takes me back to what sparks my interest towards art,

I really love to see how this manga continue, thank you very much for the translations!!

Ps: Can't deny the fact that Yuka or ryuji that male character why this manga is labeled, is completely drawn in complete girl's body and proportions act completely like a normal girl and sometimes wear bottom or top male clothes, and often drawn in some exaggerated pose is something that the author did on purpose, and from reading older comments... Just think him as a tomboy girl.... Yeah, that would work,

I wrote a short review here: https://longhandhabits.com/2019/03/11/manga-review-blue-period/

Some supplementary knowledge for anyone reading this, the title of this manga, Blue Period, shares the same name with a period in Pablo Picasso's life, where he produced works that depicted themes of loneliness and despair, and primarily painted in shades of blue and blue-green. This period roughly began in 1901 when Picasso fell into a depression after learning of the death of his friend, Carlos Casagemas, due to suicide. Over the next three years his psychological state gradually improved, and he would transition into his Rose Period, where he painted more pleasant subject matters in warm colours.

Aggregator gang
I thought I recognized the delinquents, turns out their designs are recycled from the "Nude Model" oneshot by the same author.

@NinjaGoemon Because the people ultimately in charge of the tags do not give a shit about that at all. I've raised that question and concern twice with them since the "Gender Bender" tag went away and they seem absolutely fine with things that fall directly between fantastical mixed gender bodyswapping and straight up crossdressing falling between the cracks and being unable to be directly searched for.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nami

Any idea why? There are quite a few series with the theme so I don't understand why you would remove a popular tag. Is it really too troublesome to differentiate between CD and GB? At least we have mangaupdates with its exhaustive list of tags.

@Hobnobs The reason I was given is because it was supposed to make specific aspects of the old Gender Bender search more pointed and easier to find, by splitting it into Crossdressing and Genderswap.

Where that begins to fall apart is when you start talking about transgender or more vague LGBT stuff in manga on the site. Those manga are not tagged as Crossdressing or Genderswap, as they are neither, but they also don't have their own tag anymore. So they're just lost in a sea of other general manga tags. I was told that was fine and that I shouldn't concern myself with it, so I stopped asking.

I'm learning a lot more about art than I expected I would with this manga. It's really cool. I really like the instructors that have showed up so far too.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, the mangaka actually created shounen-ai before. That's why there's this BL-like tension between characters even when excluding the openly gay character. Not that I have a problem. The mangaka executed this whole drama very very well after all.
10/10 so far in my book.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, I appreciate art, but I don't understand it. I always feel like I'm looking for a solution that doesn't exist.

@nami that sounds dumb

Supporter
This is a fabulous read - I've always been a bit creatively paralysed from the lips down, so I kind of wish that I had something like this quite a while ago!

My family know's I've been getting into art a lot recently, my sister is the reason I came to MangaDex in the first place because of a few Isieki manga. I really like the techniques for this but as a artist, I really wish it was in color. It doesn't mean anything if I can't see the art in the way it was intended. Either way, still a good read. I'm learning a lot although I mainly do abstracts.

found this today and I absolutely loved it. several of the early chapters brought tears to my eyes. a story about someone finding passion and meaning in their life, it's so good

Users who are viewing this thread