Blue Period

This manga is absolutely spectacular, I hope it gets an official English translation soon because I'd love to own physical copies without paying high import/shipping fees.

Dex-chan lover
@64912 This has been officially licensed already and the first volume release is coming out on Oct 6, 2020

Since it's been officially licensed, does that mean we won't be getting unofficial scanlations anymore? I just want to understand what happens next in the raws ;_; I'm obsessed with this author's work really skskks

Also not related to Blue Period, but I hope some group scanlates the author's short BL comic one day: https://comic.pixiv.net/works/2604 looks like a good read!!

Group Leader
Color page by Tsubasa Yamaguchi in the latest Afternoon issue 8/2020 celebrating the Kodansha Manga Award
EbS9LBFWAAc1ZGA.jpg

This manga makes me wanna risk it all and spend $100,000 on a fine arts degree that I can't use.
It also makes me want to throw away all my art supplies tho.
Suggest reading it tbh.

I wish that more people were part of the scan group so that we could have chapters released more frequently, sadly I don't know nothing about translating so I can't help :(

As someone who graduated from a small fine arts college - this hits home. Such a great story so far. Definitely can recommend this series to a lot of people.

i found this by chance while trying to look for some good stories to read after i finished bakuman.. i really like this! hope to see more.

Aggregator gang
9/10

I really like the art, it's not too clean unlike Inoue's work for instance, but there's some kind of life in it that makes it feel alive, like drawing of actual persons and not of fictionnal characters.
I also enjoy the story. Usually, in this kind of coming-of-age manga, there's always a love interest, a group of friends and in the end, the main character shifts from beeing to main focus to just beeing part of a bigger picture. In this manga, I feel like the hero never loses his place as primary focus of the story.
Although other characters also have their importance, Yaguchi is the main focus. We follow his path, his every thought, his every breath and seeing him grow, seeing him understand not only art, but the world around him and the people around him, is both wholesome and interesting. The relations he has with the cross-dresser is also interesting, as they both are the two sides of a same coin.

Kinda like Real, I just cant wait to see what's coming next.

Users who are viewing this thread