Blue Period

Dex-chan lover
ooh who's the guy on the new volume cover?

@Amazing_Retard r/usernamechecksout
they work so hard so it stops being pretentious, my friend... Something tells me you're not very kin to art, or you're at least familiar with the art world, but not at all with the artist world

Dex-chan lover
@AoSpring No argument I see, so you resort to ad hominems.
They're wasting their talent on meaningless modern "art" instead of pursuing better alternatives like realism or anime.
They're just victims of people who use them for money.

@Amazing_Retard realism really shouldn't be considered as art, and being an animator often kills creativity. Yes they are making pretentious art, and so what? It is about themselves, of course they should be pretentious, otherwise they won't have confidence in their work. Thus, their art is not meaningless, as it still holds a meaning in their own eyes.

Dex-chan lover
Is this good? Its 9.31 and is an award-winning manga, hell even Ina recommend this, but can any of you tell me what I'll be getting into? Im not an artist so I fear I can't relate to most of this

Pun

I absolutely love Ryuji and Yaguchi. This manga is super cool.

This is a really great read. It's a great introduction to art and on how an artist's mind works. I believe that art should be accessible to everyone and anyone regardless of their social status and privilege, should be able to appreciate art.

I've learned aesthetic and it's truly wonderful to see the world in a different lights; to be able to appreciate any kind of artwork and to appreciate the arduous path the artists had to take to reach that point where they made their magnum opus.

It really helps you to be more appreciative on everyone and everything you see.

Does anyone know which character is on the Vol 8 cover? Looks familiar, I just can’t remember where they were introduced

Contributor
This manga gives me the same kind of joy as 3gatsu. Great read in general, although you’ll prolly find it more interesting if you at least have some interest in art theory or whatever, it makes up like 50% of the story.

Contributor
I wish this existed back when I was in high school and college. As an adult, I'm reading this and thinking back to all the opportunities I had to put in 100% and fail with fewer consequences. And I know that even now, as a younger adult, I still should be doing that, but it so hard to get over the possible consequences of rejection, even if they are so much smaller than the potential benefits

Users who are viewing this thread