Bocchi the Rock! - Ch. 65

Group Leader
See ya for now.
363zt8.jpg

Dex-chan lover
i prolly read this from boccher subreddit about kita's disorder but im surprised this is the latest raw chapter, i thought this was already around 120+, wonder where they had the theory about kita's eating disorder other than the fact shes underweight and iirc author san mentioned shes underweight or something(?)

i prolly read this from boccher subreddit about kita's disorder but im surprised this is the latest raw chapter, i thought this was already around 120+, wonder where they had the theory about kita's eating disorder other than the fact shes underweight and iirc author san mentioned shes underweight or something(?)
Yeah, according to Hamazi-sensei (author), Kita dieting too much...

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, according to Hamazi-sensei (author), Kita dieting too much...
i see, so my brain isnt tricking me, wonder if thats a root cause of another issue, or shes just really anxious about things she wants to wear or has the idol complex about dieting.

and i thought we're going to know about something about the girl wearing chicken hat in the photo in this chap.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
and i thought we're going to know about something about the girl wearing chicken hat in the photo in this chap.
The chicken hat girl was Ootsuki. She was wearing the same costume as Bocchi. Birds of a feather.
The manga is still hinting that there's more behind Kita not wanting to go to university than just because she wants to be in a band. I have a suspicion that she's struggling with too much stress, trying to live up to expectations people have of her, from being a perfect girl with perfect make-up on instagram, having great grades, looking perfectly slim. Eating disorders are usually a way of keeping control and is sort of a symptom of other mental issues. They're actually sort of complicated.

Wouldn't surprise me if Kita ends up with a burn out, sort of similar to Ryo when she was in a slump, and needs to limit her time on instagram or even delete her account, accept that she can't get as high grades as she wants, and find better coping mechanisms than having an eating disorder.

If you remember from earlier chapters, Kita talked about how she wasn't unique and was just doing what was expected of her. I think it could be sort of an existential crisis too, wondering if it's this she wants her life to be or something.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Little does Kita know that you do fuck all in College. It's the free-est period of your life aside from retirement.

Dex-chan lover
The chicken hat girl was Ootsuki. She was wearing the same costume as Bocchi. Birds of a feather.

The manga is still hinting that there's more behind Kita not wanting to go to university than just because she wants to be in a band. I have a suspicion that she's struggling with too much stress, trying to live up to expectations people have of her, from being a perfect girl with perfect make-up on instagram, having great grades, looking perfectly slim. Eating disorders are usually a way of keeping control and is sort of a symptom of other mental issues. They're actually sort of complicated.

Wouldn't surprise me if Kita ends up with a burn out, sort of similar to Ryo when she was in a slump, and needs to limit her time on instagram or even delete her account, accept that she can't get as high grades as she wants, and find better coping mechanisms than having an eating disorder.
i see so Kita being silent about that part where they mentioned the chicken hat girl was her looking for an opening about her running away from home. I thought she was connected to Kita's problems like shes fixated on being in a band than continuing higher education.

i agree with your comment since early chapters we've seen Kita wanting to be in a band and lied about being able to play an instrument, maybe shes fixated on having the spotlight on her, wonder what made her wanting that if its the possibility.

i guess she believes being in a band esp kessoku is her highest possibility to have at least something she achieved/to be proud of.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh how does the mom not realize that record labels are proper official stuff not just some scammy hangout business

Dex-chan lover
Bruhhh why did they skip the sleepover that would've been so cool esp seeing Bocchi in the Santa outfit lmao

Dex-chan lover
can anyone who has read the past few chapters from this guy lmk at what point the translations are readable or if at all

Users who are viewing this thread