Bocchi the Rock! Gaiden: Kikuri Hiroi's Heavy Drinking Diary - Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Had Shima known this aspect of Kikuri she could have saved the money buying apology gifts and instead use it as a carrot (daiginjo money) to “fix” Kikuri’s behavior (for a limited time).
Fighting fire with fire, or rather, fixing alcohol issues with more alcohol. :ROFLMAO:
Tbf, it’s not gonna fix much, but could be an interesting chapter full of more shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I feel like this manga could use a "cooking" tag because of Kikuri's drinking escapades, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Had Shima known this aspect of Kikuri she could have saved the money buying apology gifts and instead use it as a carrot (daiginjo money) to “fix” Kikuri’s behavior (for a limited time).
Fighting fire with fire, or rather, fixing alcohol issues with more alcohol. :ROFLMAO:
Tbf, it’s not gonna fix much, but could be an interesting chapter full of more shenanigans.
spoil her with good stuff then she can nolonger accept the cheap stuff, have to work for it. it could work

Fed-Kun's army
You can tell the author isn’t an alcoholic bc a real one would never turn down free drinks, even with something incredible at home. The good alc will continue to be there tomorrow, but the same cannot be said of the free drinks

Dex-chan lover
spoil her with good stuff then she can nolonger accept the cheap stuff, have to work for it. it could work
Yep, but I also imagine Shima’s stress level will go through the roof as Kikuri will continually pester her for alcohol. :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
You can tell the author isn’t an alcoholic bc a real one would never turn down free drinks, even with something incredible at home. The good alc will continue to be there tomorrow, but the same cannot be said of the free drinks
The author seems to have already said that in real life they are that sober friend who always takes drunk friends home.
You underestimate some people's tendency towards unhealthy or chaotic lifestyles lmao. I have a childhood friend who, even after starting to earn a fairly large salary, still spent a lot of money on cheap cigarettes and booze.

Dex-chan lover
You underestimate some people's tendency towards unhealthy or chaotic lifestyles lmao. I have a childhood friend who, even after starting to earn a fairly large salary, still spent a lot of money on cheap cigarettes and booze.
that doesn't a good comparison at all. As far as what we know about your friend here, he is not like Kikuri at all. many reason could apply to your friend:
someone may seem don't see the need to pay expensive stuff, they never use and never need it. just because you have money don't mean you have to spend it all. being rich and being cheapstake is not exclusive. price and quality is not always the same thing...
Unlike your friend we see she really value the good sake, like a lot. to the point of spend money that can buy more cheap boze for the perfection experience. She even refuse so many free drink for it. realistically, someone like that likely mean they go for cheap stuff because that the only thing they can affor. so use that to tempting her with a right bait, there are a chance it would work

Dex-chan lover
Yep, but I also imagine Shima’s stress level will go through the roof as Kikuri will continually pester her for alcohol. :ROFLMAO:
By have to work for it", i mean Kikuri, not Shima. "just keep up, there expensive sake waiting for you after this" like cut off the boze so she don't broke thing, make the perform go smoothly, so the money could instead of damage control, go for the drink

Dex-chan lover
that doesn't a good comparison at all. As far as what we know about your friend here, he is not like Kikuri at all. many reason could apply to your friend:
someone may seem don't see the need to pay expensive stuff, they never use and never need it. just because you have money don't mean you have to spend it all. being rich and being cheapstake is not exclusive. price and quality is not always the same thing...
Unlike your friend we see she really value the good sake, like a lot. to the point of spend money that can buy more cheap boze for the perfection experience. She even refuse so many free drink for it. realistically, someone like that likely mean they go for cheap stuff because that the only thing they can affor. so use that to tempting her with a right bait, there are a chance it would work
Where is the guarantee that she won't spend all her money on expensive booze? Getting accustomed to quality things does not guarantee the ability to manage your money. On the contrary, it could make her money management even worse. I have many friends who at some point began to earn more or, on the contrary, lost money. Including among musicians. A person can always be motivated to start earning money in order to get the things he wants, but he needs to learn to control his life and money separately.
And if you're wondering about my friend's reasons, legal access to significantly more money simply freed his hands, since he now had the opportunity to worry less about whether cigarettes and booze would interfere with his ability to pay rent or buy proper food.

Users who are viewing this thread