Boku no Giovanni - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - Tarantella

This first chapter is certainly starting off strong! From that sweet first coloured page of Ikumi at the beach, through page 9 where the box with "so that darkness will never imprison you" is surrounded by black, to the very end with the stunning reveal The moment they mentioned "The Tarantella" by David Popper, I opened it up and played it in the background while reading. I feel that it truly fits Tetsuo's playfulness and free spirit and I find it hard to believe that Ikumi would play it. He's probably going to pick something like van Goens's take on it, which is slower and more dramatic. It's both heartbreaking to know that they chose the same piece and funny to imagine how Ikumi will give a refined elegant performance, after which Tetsuo will probably storm in and play a jovial tune that is closer to the Italian nature that this song carries with it.
We also have hints of blackmail from that judge, likely along the lines of "That boy poses a threat to my little idol's future, so take him back to Italy and bury him there". I hope it's not the case, but I've seen it enough, not to mention in happens in real life. At least Ikumi is making progress with Tetsuro!

Now i want to hear The Tarantella. This manga really change my utube recomendation.

Group Leader
@Mewth I already added it to the Youtube playlist -- and it's by a kid who competed in the Tchaikovsky competition, so fairly manga-accurate!

@Dulkia Yeah, I'm both happy and sad to be catching up to the raws... I just want more raws to be waiting T_T

Well that’s a lotta pressure,

@headphones13 I really hope it does play out like that. That would be great, especially since it will also include Tetsuo’s and the girl’s playful conversation - that totally fits their vibe for the song.

Users who are viewing this thread