Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
@tnt261 it’s basically a gang turf war and people are mad because a small unknown gang just jumped in and took the turf right under the noses of the gang that supposedly was running the show here.

Group Leader
@Daktyl It's not that I'm high-grounding about the legality, or else I wouldn't use this site to begin with; however, the legality does factor into the conversation, whether you want it to or not. The work isn't theirs to begin with. If they have no permission from the creators to distribute their version, why do they think they should have a say in who else is releasing English chapters for it? If they're translating because they like a series and want to make a high quality release available in their language, that's great. Someone else releasing before them isn't stopping that from happening. The manga translation community is one of the only places I see this sort of attitude. In the anime fansub community for example, if someone makes a horrible release people will just mention it's bad, and often someone who cares more for the series will put out a higher quality release later, that they spent more time on. Groups don't (typically) get huffy about someone else releasing the same series as them.

This isn't specifically directed at this series or the associated groups. This same argument seems to come up in a ton of series. If nobody is trying to profit off of their essentially pirate releases of someone else's work, I don't see the problem. Hopefully you can understand where I'm coming from, even if you disagree with me, instead of just resorting to name-calling because I hold views that differ from yours. Either way, I'm not going to continue arguing about such a pointless topic, so feel free to call me cringe in response to totally own me, dude.

@neck this is the reverse though, the guy should have put up a warning not just LQ but clearly states that he's using machine translation and he doesn't know a lick of Japanese, some clueless readers might drop it because of some mistranslations, different strokes for different folks. Also he should create a group so people can filter his release.

@labanina moderated before I could read it lol, mind posting it again?

Users who are viewing this thread