Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
Oh no chill down peeps, we all love you and we are thankful you guys are scanlating this gem for free (◍•ᴗ•◍)b

@Shadowhawkstar I get that, and I actually really like Boredom's translations, I'd say they are in the upper echelon of active fan translation groups at the moment. I also don't think the guy who sniped this did it for very mature reasons TBH... I just personally don't like the culture where a TL group automatically gets exclusive "rights" to release translations for a series just because they took it up first. At the end of the day, scanlating is a hobby after all... If somebody is so into a series that they want to spend ungodly amounts of time doing an alternative translation, they should have that right.

@Labanina

Boredom Society is not far behind the raws, I'd say one and a half to two months at most, considering that Boku Yabai has become a bi-weekly release starting from end of May. Is this still unacceptable to you? Do you except a translation group to be not slower that a few days behind any raws at most? ... just curious.

@Vverg I agree with you, I don't know why @labanina is trying to translate something that is on a very good pace for a bi-weekly manga, there's way way more out there that really needs someone to translate and then he decides to do one title that we have something new every week, they're just 5 chapters behind, no one is desperate enough to use google translate to do the missing chapters like he did

@BraveDude8 yeah well, we're just going to have to disagree about image processing in paint.net taking weeks by 5+ dudes when one can do a slap job of it in an evening.
Before your TL joined your team, the script was posted on /a/ in an expedite manner. Dude joining you threw that weeks, if not months, into the future.
I was getting antsy with all the short af extra releases with date chapter hanging over my head, especially knowing that your TL was ready for months, then someone in a thread with your translator also started to gloat "just do it yourself man".

I am not a fan of artificially slamming hype train brakes and this is what you appear to be doing, to me, whether it is true or not is of little relevance because I just wanted to read latest translated chapters earlier than your "fastest" and I did. Not by small margin thanks to kind rune-reading anons who pooled in the effort in TL and proofing. Releasing chapters for more impatient people like me to read is just an extra.

I'm still going to read your releases which undoubtedly have higher quality. This isn't the manga that is read once and shelved forever anyway.

Contributor
@labanina What the hell are you talking about?

IIRC the translator you're referring to said that they joined because they liked the quality of the work the team did. Hell let me check archives https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/206435916/#206509519
There's also mentions that if they didn't like what was going on they'd say so. More importantly as someone who actually likes the manga I actually do get that. It's really straightfoward
1) Single release doesn't confuse people
2) More people will read the first release, no re-releases, so releasing low-quality disrespects the manga
3) If you are bothered by lack of translations on something, you should usually take your efforts elsewhere, not to something being consistently translated.

I've also been following BokuYaba from the start as a fan of Norio and Boredom is pretty much the entire reason it has a fandom in the west at all, and they've expressed that most of the team literally just doesn't always have time. Even given that over the last six months or so it looks like they've been consistently releasing as a means of MAINTAINING interest, releasing even extras if it means they can at least get something out for the readers. They keep track of all tweets and bonus artwork, they translate everything, they've even bought the special edition volume and scanned it to get that content out as well. These are the actions of people very obviously dedicated to the series, a far cry from "stopping the hype train" as you put it. I think you can believe whatever you want, but trying to spread false rumors while you give Norio's work a shit take is disingenuous as hell.

I do appreciate your warnings at the start of your chapters, though. Most people wouldn't even bother with that. A lot of people are angry with you, but because you did that I'm personally more like "whatever", and am more annoyed by the comments I'm seeing here that are so obviously full of shit. Even if you're mad about slow full chapter releases, the last one was 2 weeks ago. That is literally consistent with the ACTUAL SCHEDULE of the raw manga. This is a biweekly series, you asshat!

@labanina Or you could have kept it on /a/ and /a/nons would have appreciated it without this whole mess. Tons of other anons translate on /a/ without being public due to lack of quality/groups/proofreading and other reasons. This all could have been kept on /a/ and stayed that way since this manga already had a high quality group.

I already posted the reply on /a/ to you about reasons why it doesn't really warrant public release so...

@Swifft okay, let them do quality for months to no end, last full TL chapter release of biweekly manga was 17 days ago.
I think they're slow, either or purpose or not, and reply "lol just do it yourself" when that is pointed out, so what is the problem here now?
At least now there's alternative faster TL for readers.

@Jinjin5000 like how bored TL keeps saying "then do your own release" on /a/ right?

I was like
"hey this warning looks familiar"
*read first page*
"yep it's this guy again"

Hey man if you think you have the moral high ground, make a group so we can block your shit @labanina

Dex-chan lover
When he’s trying to being safe during a pandemic, but she looks really cute

Edit: okay, this comment section has hundreds of comments for a totally different reason than usual. I don’t even fully understand translation groups and this isn’t nearly as fun to read. I’ll just avoid the comment section for a spell

Group Leader
Um, excuse me, my group infringed on this copyright first so that makes it mine and you need to back off before I call the cops.

Power Uploader
@neck, you are an idiot. Most here wouldn't have cared if the actual snipe wasn't a MTL with mediocre editting (and I'm being positive here).
If you try to be edgy, go to 4chan or something.

Group Leader
@Vverg Rude to call me an idiot just because I made a comment you don't like. What is edgy about my comment?

Group Leader
@neck
Really? You tried being funny by bringing up how we're all here for illegally translated manga, but it just comes off as cringe. Not a single person in this thread, or on this site, cares at all about the legality. And when nobody cares, it doesn't factor into the conversation.

And as Verg pointed out, readers don't give a shit about snipes 99% of the time. The problem is that if you're going to snipe somebody at least have the decency to put out something readable. Otherwise you just piss everybody off. Granted, everybody has their own definition of "readable" but given the poor reception, I'm going with "this ain't it, chief".

Dex-chan lover
@labanina Just wanna let you know that when navigating from chapter 44.2, your chapter comes up first, and not as one of the TL options, but as a separate chapter

Users who are viewing this thread