Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
She looked so insanely cold when she thought the guy checking her out was not him.

Dex-chan lover
When put side to side is like a university student hanging out with her lil brother, the difference is too much.
Is not just the height Yamada just looks gown up, and our boy looks for what he is a boy.

@FredFriendly Why are you getting all triggered? Have i judged you in any way for sniping? No. I just explain to the new person what the word sniping means. And, like it or not, sniping does mean stealing a project from another scanlator, so my explication is accurate. But the fact that you don't understand the implicit moral code between people (in this case scanlation groups) is actually kind of sad because it's the same IRL. Now, do i care if you snip? No, i just come here to read mangas.

BTW, Thank for the translation ;)

my favorite thing to do now is to come here every few hours to watch people argue over the sniping incident

I just don't know why someone took their time to translate this if we have an active group doing it already, seems like a waste of time that could've been focused towards other mangas that really needs it

Group Leader
@U235
And, like it or not, sniping does mean stealing a project from another scanlator, so my explication is accurate.

What a joke. Your explanation is biased and tainted by an inaccurate train of thought. The "other scanlator" does not own the series that they, themselves, steal from the copyrightholder, so another scanlator is not stealing from the "other scanlator" but is also stealing from the copyrightholder. Nothing is stopping the "other scanlator" from continuing scanlating the series except, perhaps, their innate cry-baby attitude.

Ah, the classic "Hey this manga is so good and its been really popular lately, wait what the scanlator group still haven't caught up with the latest japanese chapter??? That won't do!!! Let's show this stupid group how lazy they are by posting only 1 chapter with clearly lower quality of translation and typesetting!!! Its a prove that we love this manga more than those slow ass old group!!!".

mmm, new chapter? *reads chapter while seeing people butthurt about sniping*

@FredFriendly I have not read the chapter, but man, stop giving this whole thing of “it’s not their property” and “if they get bummed out from that then they shouldn’t even be translating”(paraphrase). Let’s say you do some community work in the form of sweeping an area in a park. Then one day when you come to do your work, you see that it’s already been swept, and you end up just stop doing it because you assume someone else will do it. When in reality, the person who swept in stopped sweeping after the one time. So in the end the park then remains dirty. If the person who came just left it alone, then you would have just continued. Kinda badly related but the same principle, it’s not really getting hurt as it is assuming the new person will pick it up. In the end the sniper is always wrong unless the original translater was either inconsistent or just did horrible quality, which in this case is not what’s happening

Argh snipe argh fuck bitch rage aaargh angery argh argh argh arhgsaharhghagahegh agnery anger angreeee. fuckin' kek

@Shadowhawkstar Except none of this is community service, it's simple piracy. One of the mildest and least offensive forms of piracy for sure, but scanlator groups are illegally distributing unlicensed translations of other peoples' work. I'm willing to partake in this level of criminal activity as long as the pirates themselves aren't making a single buck off of it, but it's ridiculous to even think that one group of pirates has monopoly on the work they are infringing on. If the first group ends up dropping this because somebody else already translated it, it's all on them. A single translation can never be the definitive one anyways since there are always tons of decisions you have to make while translating something.

Group Leader
@Shadowhawkstar Your analogy is laughable, especially since that's not how I would have reacted. You do know the old saying about "assume" don't you? By your "logic," if I scanlated a hundred chapters of such'n'such series and someone else comes along and you think they did a better job, it's not sniping? What a hypocrite.

@Bente_Koini Nice comment.

Group Leader
Complaining about sniping is stupid when it works 100% of the time.
Reference: Juliet, Kanokari, Anjou, Bakarina, Takagi (moto), Isekai Ojisan, Baki Dou, that korean duke and many many more.
I predict that there will be 5 chapters update in retaliation by the previous group within 24 hours.
That's what a sniped group always do. Every. Single. Time. 🤣

@FredFriendly and your attitude throughout this whole ordeal has been nothing but horrible, you come off so condescendingly and it’s nothing but off putting to be quite frank. It’s to the point that even with your valid points, they don’t matter with your demeanor. Calling me a hypocrite about it when in a situation where If you didn’t even put in effort nor did you actually put any care, then yeah, I would rather a person to come do a better job.
@Bente_Koini I know it is a bad analogy in that it is piracy, however, there is an untold understanding here amongst all translators, in that you let a person translate as long as it’s not problematic, also if this series did not have consistent as well as a good quality translator, it wouldn’t have been a problem. Classic case of why fix what ain’t broke

Users who are viewing this thread