Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 4 Ch. 46 - I've Been Dragged Away

Dex-chan lover
Probably the height difference. He would've been far too low if he got in front. With her in front, they were face to face 😍

Fed-Kun's army
These two are just so cute! Thanks for the translation Boredom Society.

Dex-chan lover
@Hurgh It's about the height difference. Men are usually taller, so to compensate for the height difference they should go on the lower side., and so Ichikawa worries about that. Yamada, on the other hand, wants to have his face closer to hers and wants to show off her hairstyle and earrings and to be called cute.

Good job, Boredom Society. Your version definitely sounds more natural (f.e. your choice for "once I start eating, alright?" instead of my proposal for "take a shot when I'm eating!"). I'm glad you're sticking to it, thank you!

My favourite scene in this chapter is Yamada poutting because Ichikawa told her mom was cute. The face she made fas adorable.

Aggregator gang
@MeganeR
>Any plan to translate that love corner page?

Yeah. the love corner extra is referred to in both an extra (46.2) and the vol. 3 special booklet, which is available only in physical and we plan on scanlating once we catch up.

Dex-chan lover
I legit wanted to know if he spilled his coffee on his leg, thanks

Oh, it was her suddenly sitting who did it, i don't know why i thought it was himself

Dex-chan lover
Her mother doesn't look like an idiot so she realized that her daughter was going on a date. Maybe Moe is the friend who will be against the romance at start but then she accepts. Is anyone really going to be against it? The sister for fear of Ichikawa getting hurt when people say he is not good enough for Yamada?

I’m not trying to diss the guys who did those fast LQ releases earlier, it was really great to have all those chapters out and see them. And they also posted a warning saying that they are low quality releases. But there is such a noticeable difference in terms of what the characters are saying here and in the other release. Some of the dialogue is so different that it totally changes the tone and implications.

I feel like the LQ version more makes sense in some places, especially judging by the character's reactions

Aggregator gang
@Kaduufrrj I think it's not necessarily true that Yamada mom knew that it's a date. If the daughter only said, "I'm planning to hang out with a friend", the mom could simply assume that it's a girl friend and would still dolling up the daughter all the same.

@Zikakuto @Quaysan
you can have a look yourself if you want, latest ENG strings are from rune-reading proofreaders and those are the ones that are in latest chapter version:
I assume you can find raws for ch46 yourself to see if kanji are accurate.

Nothing wrong with making literary valuable changes to make the dialogues flow better when translating to another language.
Unless a "sniper" does it, then it's terrible fanfic and rewrite.

@Zikakuto Not trying to diss Boredom, but they made the same mistakes in the past, reuploading chapters to fix translations that made a 180° on the story, afaik this manga is hard to translate in general.

Users who are viewing this thread