Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 5 Ch. 61 - We Are Searching

Nice work Moe! She's been playing wingwoman for a while now, I'm on the 'she stole or at least found the keychain and hung it there to set them up' team. Also, does she even have a brother to start with?

Also nice of Hara-san to start searching for it

@smashman42 If that were true that would have been such a cruel thing to do... I believe she just showed him the path Yamada takes to go home so he could look for it.

@rockandstone it just seems too convenient for it to be right there hanging on that tree like that right when she led them there, though I guess it is possible given all the commenters saying it would be normal for a Japanese random to hang lost stuff up like that that she was just leading him to her house. Sure as hell wouldn't happen here so I didn't even consider that being a possibility.

Dex-chan lover
In my country usually when someone finds a wallet they take the money and throw the rest in the trash. The population complains of corrupt politicians and considers themselves honest. No logic.

@Kaduufrrj What a coincidence, my country does that too!
But it is true that japan works this way. I had a bank teller chase me down 3 blocks to give me 5 yen (~5 USD) that was left in the atm. I had extracted 100$, and had it all with me. Definitely not mine, but I took it anyways and thanked the nice man for bringing it to me. He feels good, I am paid for my corruption, win-win.
More fun stories, the teachers would stop me in the hall and zip up my backpack if it was not zipped all the way, warning me that it had "came unzipped"afraid things might fall out. (I just never zipped it, but decided to just thank them and stay quite about that). Put lost items up high. etc.
I can say that nothing was ever stolen from me in japan. That said, I have had family and neighbors steal from me in America.

Now remember this thing about lost items being up high the next time you read a manga with bullying in it. New question arises. Did they hide the shoes on top, or did they take them out of the box and throw them on the ground, and some nice person put them on top?

Double-page supporter
@Smashman42 My guess is that Moe found it, hung it on the tree and then led Ichikawa there. I doubt that she stole it, even for "benevolent" purposes, if for no other reason than that it would have been a real mess if she got caught.

Is it really that big of a deal to lose it?Ichikawa could always just buy some in their next family vacation or something, or is it some kind of charm/tradition in japan?🤔

@jethzki the dog is important because it’s a gift from ichikawa, though it’s less about the dog and more about her worrying that ichikawa sees her as useless. In the last chapter she couldn’t help him without inconveniencing him and after learning that she’s the reason he fell off the cliff and broke his arm she’s been down on guilt for the last couple of days (what her friends asked ichikawa about).

So she’s really upset that she lost it and ichikawa (with a broken arm in the freezing snow) went out of his way to try and find it to fix her mistake.

Aggregator gang
Love the deeper meaning in his statement "If I hadn't met you, Yamada, I never would have looked up".

Users who are viewing this thread