Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 5 Ch. 65.3 - Extra Chapter

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
tenor.gif

Fed-Kun's army
Fuck you. There's no way he didn't hear that. She pratically yelled at him

Seems like the original Japanese is much less direct and easily misunderstood, it's not that he didn't hear her.

Power Uploader
Found this on 4chan
The joke is that instead of her being a wife (yome), he could be the husband (muko), which is a reference to the Japanese practice of families with daughters but no sons legally adopting a man and having him marry one of the daughters. The man would change his last name to that of his wife's family. The term for this is "mukoiri".

Basically he's saying that if she can't be a bride (with the standard implication of her becoming a part of her husband's family), a guy could just "be a groom" and marry in to her family, with the joke being the complementary meanings of "yome" and "muko".

MD@Home
@imitation Yeah, seems to be another case of Boredom's translation defining a subject to a line when the original Japanese is more ambiguous. The same thing happened in chapter 64 when Ichi asks what Yamada's dad is like- the original line is "similar" without implying who her dad is similar to, whereas Boredom's line is "we're similar," which ruins the whole point, since the joke is that Ichi *assumes* that she means here dad is similar to her when as we find out at the end of the chapter what she actually was hesitating to say is that her dad is similar to Ichi.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Eals
Thanks, I spent a good 10 minutes looking for a gif like that since my search was fruitless at first lol.

Dex-chan lover
@conicalPendulum420 They seem to care a lot about each other. I don't really get how you say that it's shallow. They've been supportive and getting to know each other for a while now, it's not like this was a sudden thing. Sure, every relationship might start with something simple, but it only lasts if both of the involved do their effort in it, and they both have been.

@conicalPendulum420 looks like you read a wayyyyyy different manga from the rest of the comments. or you're projecting. I hope you found someone you love.

anyway that was a good chap

Probably in Japanese, what MC said is deliberately vague ( that is how nihongo works, most of the time, only the verbs without the doer exist in a sentence).

Nihongo sentence works on context. So, the girl deliberately understood MC words referring to himself offering to be a husband for her.

Users who are viewing this thread