Boku no Namae wa "Shounen A" - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - October 1st

All of the comments on chapter 1 kinda made me go, "Woah where the hell is that coming from?" I... I do see why people think that Sasaki is stupid; however, she's a 13 /14 year old girl. Many kids that age don't have even the vaguest clue of what the laws are in their area and can be rather easily manipulated into believing something as stupid as the idea that THEY will be the one in trouble and ruined for life if someone finds out they're a victim. It doesn't help that many younger rape victims aren't believed even by their parents and either get brushed off or gaslit. On top of that, Japanese rape laws are super antiquated and Japanese schools have this really terrible view of maintaining their public image and making students conform to that perfect image. It's basically a recipe for intense victim-shaming and criminals getting off Scott fucking free. So, do I find this scenario unrealistic? Unfortunately, no. It is great that something happened to this sick fuck, but I'm kinda worried that everyone in this is going to be stupid.

Just read the outrageous hateful comments of chapter 1 and was like, are they all stupid or what !?
Glad to see some people still have common sense in chapter 2 comments.

Aggregator gang
Is her mom fucking dumb?
First, why would a teacher give you your work copies especially if you have a lot of friends?
Second, he not just came to the house but went into her room AND she's a child
Third, he has a HUGE reputation for being a pedo since he only talks to girls and not the boys and acts creepily
Maybe she didn't know about the third one but the other 2 is 100%

Also, he could've yelled for help but I don't blame his adrenaline and impulse since he literally had a bat that could defend both him and her from that creep

is the mom actually brain dead? she lets a grown ass man go into her daughter's room? and then just leave them be like that?? even under the assumption that he was jut a teacher and not a rapist, that's still a smoothbrained move

also last time i read this manga the tl was only until chapter 2 so really glad its getting updated!

the person that drew that dolphin pendant really don't know what a dolphin looks like

Group Leader
Old comments, but for everyone asking why the mom let the teacher up to her room, iirc its not too uncommon for teachers to make home visits in Japan, its part of the job sometimes. Like, in the US we had those "parent teacher conferences" where parents could come up to the school on a certain day to discuss their child's school work, in Japan teachers come to the students houses instead. For a lot of schools (middle especially) there's certain days out of the week after about 2 months or so of the start of the year where students have half days so that the teachers can go make their rounds, meet with parents at their homes, and get a better understanding of the child's home life.

Granted, a home visit like the one he's doing here is usually more for students who have larger gaps in attendance than just a sick day, but since teachers making home visits is a normal thing in Japan I can see why the mom didn't think too hard about it. Yeah, letting him up to her room might have been a bit strange, but keep in mind she didn't actually leave them alone long. If he hadn't already assaulted her (which her mom has no idea about) he wouldn't have even had time to do anything to her with her mom so close by. All he could do was verbally threaten her with a preexisting picture (that again, her mom doesn't know exists.) Her mom also believes she's sick, so she probably didn't want to drag her out of bed to come downstairs to talk to her teacher, who probably said something like "I just want to explain a tricky subject we learned today to make sure she understands the instructions" or something.

Users who are viewing this thread