Boku to GAL ga Fufu ni Narumade - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's me seeing a lot of these previous chapter ending on a "will they do it or not" then the following chapter is "of course nothing will happen" but I'm actually ok with it for this manga. I believe it is probably because he gave a proper response & assess that she's not really all that experienced. Plus Sora genuinely wants to learn more about Luna before they do the deed. Anyways don't want to let this be too long but thanks for the translations.
Agreed, fully expected a more "cliche" dodge. Instead, got honesty and tension-dissipating laughter.

Dex-chan lover
1x.webp
Nice try, I wasn't even convince that they will do it.

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, at this point, i'm more interested what she's so afraid of for Sora to find in her room rather than her job, because i feel like with romance manga these type, there's no way it would be sex work or something along that line because if it is, we'll know easily
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's something similar to what was in Mahiru's room in Otonari Tenshi, but probably greater in scale due to the tonal difference in the manga. Or it could be the last boyfriend's mummified corpse. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edited: Fucking autocorrect.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Linear, mildly cliche, but fun. Nothing really for me to note at this time.

As ever, thank you for scanlating.

Dex-chan lover
But alas, myths be myths, also i hear there's a legendary Japanese phantasm, a spirit, ghost or apparition if you will, who holds a deep grudge and hatred towards such mythical tools, Shinzo Abe be thy name.
Well, you know, some historic japanese figures had such strong spirits they were kamified after their deaths. Maybe Shinzo Abe might get that treatment one day. :huh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taira_no_Masakado This is one of them.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's me seeing a lot of these previous chapter ending on a "will they do it or not" then the following chapter is "of course nothing will happen" but I'm actually ok with it for this manga. I believe it is probably because he gave a proper response & assess that she's not really all that experienced. Plus Sora genuinely wants to learn more about Luna before they do the deed. Anyways don't want to let this be too long but thanks for the translations.
Characters don’t always have to immediately jump to sex. They could instead engage in a bit of foreplay and other types of intimate acts, but unsurprisingly, it’s easy to try and get them to go all the way so that the author can always make an excuse for it not happening (chickens out, phone call, friend or family member bursts into room, passes out, etc). Many of these fanservice romcom series would rather tease the idea of sex rather than properly try to have the characters explore intimacy or further understand their awkward feelings for one another when it comes to having a romantic relationship together. Asoko de Hataraku Musubu-san is one series I’d recommend that actually tackles some of the awkwardness that goes into romantic relationships, particularly for a first time couple who both work at a condom manufacturing company.

Dex-chan lover
Now then, regarding the chapter proper. I would say he has great self-control in this situation as I'm sure most of us reading this would've given in already. However, the fact that he caught on to her inexperience and something akin to fear (since she was trembling) is good. This reinforces their relationship somewhat and lays the ground for next time. Hopefully.

Dex-chan lover
@phil777 On Mahiru's desk. Lol Maybe not the same thing... But similar category is what I'm envisioning. 🤷‍♂️ Honestly, unless it's some asinine thing to force a ridiculous level of drama, I doubt i'll be disappointed whatever it is.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I do understand.
It take me around 1 year before having sex for real with my girlfriend. We only do some foreplay and oral before that.

Dex-chan lover
Why is a 15yo having sex so important to you all?
Always the same comments in every similar manga... Go "read" some hentai if sex is all that matters
All these "beta MC" comments make me laugh when I think about how the posters likely behave in real life

Dex-chan lover
Actually quite sweet, bro was ready for it and willing after rationalizing it and in the end it was on her and her over eagerness. I honestly would have been a bit miffed it was him like "OHHHH NO PURITYYYYY" but this was actually much more realistic. Personally, I'd have folded like a mf with the garter belt alone :smugnako:

Supporter
While i like his reasoning for not wanting to do it (even if it's there solely to milk the manga)
I really hate how his way of acting is different between she having or not having experience
Literally saying he wants to treasure it more because she's a virgin is downright disgusting, implying she's a funko that has yet to be unboxed

Contributor
I like how people are calling him a coward but he was genuinely about to go through with it and made some good justifications to not do it. He also didn’t tell her not to study up on the erotic stuff and was not adamant on objecting it. Just because he didn’t do it in the end means he’s a pussy? It’s chapter 9 theyll do it sooner or later.
You have to understand that years of reading shitty Heisei-era romantic comedies have warped the perceptions of the average manga reader. The constant fake-outs from mangaka like Komi, Miyajima, Haruba, and of course the progenitor Akamatsu have made readers angry because they were expecting a payoff that was never returned to them - ignoring the fact that they’re Shonen romcoms that were aiming for maximum conflict so that they could run for as long as they need.

Hence why now, if a romantic manga doesn’t have the main characters immediately get in a relationship and have penis-in-pagina action within the first volume, people get mad. They want an immediate romantic couple with minimal-to-no conflict at all, and then are surprised when so few authors can do that well.

Users who are viewing this thread