Boku to Mimoza no 75-nichi - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Group Leader
Maybe because I went through so many monthly release chapters at once, but it seems as though things go by quickly in this series. Nazuna was introduced and killed within one volume, and it seems just a chapter later the characters are already starting to get over him. Perhaps I'm too used to other series that really drag things out instead of just getting to the interesting parts.

Dex-chan lover
Does she have a tear in her eye?

1PJGZJ1.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the tl. if u didnt batch release this, i would have thought the relationship would have been cliched but the mc really is fucked in the head.

Going to see the snow, reminds me of "look at the pretty flowers". Im guessing shes gonna die at the end of the series.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe because I went through so many monthly release chapters at once, but it seems as though things go by quickly in this series. Nazuna was introduced and killed within one volume, and it seems just a chapter later the characters are already starting to get over him. Perhaps I'm too used to other series that really drag things out instead of just getting to the interesting parts.
It all does happen incredibly quickly, yeah. We just had the MCs introduced 10 chapters ago and just got to understand their minds completely and suddenly we have Nazuna 5 chapters ago.

Then we quickly learn that she felt literally nothing for Nazuna even after sleeping with him, then he dies instantly after with her randomly acting like he did mean something to her (but he really didn't, it was because of mc) and now a chapter later they are over him and she is back to square one feeling all alone.

This is going lightning speed when compared to 99% of other series (and becoming a bit messy)

Dex-chan lover
Didn’t know how they were gonna handle the MC and his trauma but they took it how I was expecting. I almost feel like she’s gonna have to off him by the end of the story

I think this chapter the MC is realizing he is fucked up. How this is going to effect things going forward idk?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Nazuna was introduced and killed within one volume, and it seems just a chapter later the characters are already starting to get over him.
Then we quickly learn that she felt literally nothing for Nazuna even after sleeping with him, then he dies instantly after with her randomly acting like he did mean something to her (but he really didn't, it was because of mc) and now a chapter later they are over him and she is back to square one feeling all alone.
Not really. There was a time-skip to the next season, and they're still thinking about how Shuuto had Mimosa kill Nazuna as if it happened yesterday. It makes sense that they'd be getting over him after the time specified, but they aren't. Still, that's also fine-- what was off to me was that every discussion point in this chapter felt like stuff that one would expect to be brought up the day after, if not immediately after the ride away from the murder scene. If the time skip wasn't just a waste, it feels like it was meant to shave off time from the promised 75 days this story is promised to span without having to deal with the burden of coming up with new sequences and perhaps character inflection points.

Nazuna also clearly meant something to Mimosa, and aside from that, the majority of what Mimosa is feeling over her killing Nazuna is that the event had Shuuto show a side of himself that was very unlike her original impression of him that inspired "warmth" in her.

Some stuff that's better as a general comment that I happened to make in response to yours:

Both characters are chasing after "warmth" through the relationship they have with each other, but more than that, it appears they're actually finding that "warmth" in idealized versions of each other. When Mimosa talked about her past with Shuuto in chapter 3, he hated the conversation because-- essentially-- he couldn't reconcile that new information with the understanding he already had of her without also losing familiarity with her. His machinations to get Nazuna and Ikari killed were partly his possessiveness but also the fruit of him trying to prevent himself from no longer recognizing Mimosa. He tried to accomplish this by becoming something he figured was "similar" to her, meaning he sought to become a killer like her. Also recall his sexual thoughts towards Mimosa-- when he recognizes that he isn't disgusted with Mimosa's naked body, his rationalization involves worship (ch. 4, p. 30). He's completely unable to reconcile his desire for "family" with Mimosa with the fact that he's irrationally possessive of her sexuality (ch. 7, p. 23) and is just unable to admit to himself that he's sexually attracted to her or that it's a factor in his motivations.

The irony is that Mimosa has a similar issue-- the Shuuto in which she found "warmth" was the one that was way too happy eating cup ramen with her, not the one barking at her to kill an old associate as part of a ritual that only made sense in his head. We know Shuuto always had a personality that could lead to him doing something like that, and even Nazuna could pick up on something wrong with him. However, Mimosa never really reckoned with trying to understand him seriously, and now that she's been forced to see and confront these traits of Shuuto's, it's compromised both her understanding of and familiarity with him.

Neither of them is comfortable with this-- both of them want to feel that "warmth" with each other, which is why they still haven't separated after all this time and why Mimosa is suggesting they do something that they agreed to in chapter 3-- and were working on from that point-- but probably gave up on during the time skip. It's also why Shuuto was capable of recognizing that he probably screwed up and very much resembles his father at this point.

But they're still not trying to take a good look at each other.

Nazuna's purpose, in hindsight, is to telegraph to the reader what exactly needs to be paid attention to: Mimosa and Shuuto aren't quite looking eye-to-eye, as he says. Shuuto's an unsettling existence, as he says. Shuuto and Mimosa's sense of "family" is something of a sham if Mimosa is ready to indulge Shuuto's potential sexual cravings (however reluctantly), and he mocks her for this (ch. 8, p. 12-17). Shuuto's corrupted her mind, as he says.

Group Leader
That was a pretty impressive short essay you wrote, yes I agree with your evaluation of the characters, and I’m glad my skill as a translator was good enough to bring them across so clearly. Hope you look forward to chapter 12, which should be out by tomorrow (or rather this afternoon as it is 4 am here).

Tbh, i does feel a bit rushed to me. "Show don't tell" imo is a bit fitting here, yea, the intentions of the author are understandable well enough but it would go a long way if we could haven seen more of their struggle with the situation and each other within the timeskip. I hope what im saying makes some sense.

Btw, i gotta say here sleeping with Nazuna feels so random. She isn't really portrayed as someone that would indulge in some casual fun and since the two of them didn't really have romantic or apparently any sort of deep relationship, it just adds nothing to the story, expect maybe as a leadup to her saying that she would do the same to the mc if he asked for it.

Anyways, is manga gets more intriguing with each chapter, thanks for the translations!

Dex-chan lover
[...]Nazuna also clearly meant something to Mimosa, and aside from that, the majority of what Mimosa is feeling over her killing Nazuna is that the event had Shuuto show a side of himself that was very unlike her original impression of him that inspired "warmth" in her.
First off, no, Nazuna as a fact did mean nothing to her. Chapter 12 reinforces that with her literally repeating what was already said, "all these feelings I never felt before". Just as the first and other chapters showed. She never felt anything resembling "closeness" towards another character before (which would have her react the way she did). She felt something in that moment when MC went forward with his backstab plan, true.

Btw, i gotta say here sleeping with Nazuna feels so random. She isn't really portrayed as someone that would indulge in some casual fun and since the two of them didn't really have romantic or apparently any sort of deep relationship, it just adds nothing to the story, [...]
This is a 100% correct take and perfect analysis of her as a character. It all was out of place and I think (might be due to TL) her talking about "Nazuna was family?" randomly was just as out of left field. But that is whatever to the author, it seems.
Rest of your comment is typing out what is obvious about each character and to most readers at this point, mh. Quite a bit of interpretation and weird psychoanalysis inserted here and there to add to some point. About 20% of the last part about Nazuna make sense, yeah. Most of his impact sadly is lost due to 75% of his character being "I had sex with her and she went along for 0 reason, haha get fucked kid! You are fucked in the head and you, Mimosa, suck for going along with his every whim!" Dude was a godlike detective, too! Shesh.

Well written and informing essay but I do think it just ain't that deep and most new stuff of what was typed out is interpretation pretty much.

Group Leader
First off, no, Nazuna as a fact did mean nothing to her. Chapter 12 reinforces that with her literally repeating what was already said, "all these feelings I never felt before". Just as the first and other chapters showed. She never felt anything resembling "closeness" towards another character before (which would have her react the way she did). She felt something in that moment when MC went forward with his backstab plan, true.
I interpret that she was able to realize some feelings she did have for Nazuna retroactively, mainly as a result of her relationship with Shuuto. Which is why she was devastated when it came time to kill him.
It all was out of place and I think (might be due to TL) her talking about "Nazuna was family?" randomly was just as out of left field.
Just before she killed Nazuna, she thought back to the good times they shared together, and hence why she's wondering aloud latter if he was in the end "family", the same as Shuuto was.
Btw, i gotta say here sleeping with Nazuna feels so random. She isn't really portrayed as someone that would indulge in some casual fun and since the two of them didn't really have romantic or apparently any sort of deep relationship, it just adds nothing to the story, expect maybe as a leadup to her saying that she would do the same to the mc if he asked for it.
"...I had sex with her and she went along for 0 reason..."
The reason is that Nazuna wanted to fuck her, and as she says, at the time she didn't really care what he did to her. "Why not?" is the question.
As for what it did for the story, it showed that Shuuto's jealousy wasn't entirely unwarranted, and reinforced Shuuto's resolve to kill the man leading to his moral event horizon.

Dex-chan lover
You're conflating the idea that she didn't feel what she felt with Shuuto with Nazuna, with the idea that she felt nothing towards Nazuna. In truth, not only is she shocked by Shuuto's proposition to kill him in the previous chapter, she questions why Nazuna couldn't be considered "family" in this chapter (p. 11) despite her and him fitting the definition Shuuto gave of "family".

Rest of your comment is typing out what is obvious about each character and to most readers at this point, mh. Quite a bit of interpretation and weird psychoanalysis inserted here and there to add to some point.
...this is how story analysis works-- you identify and interpret what's in a narrative. I was speaking about my own observations as part of the presumed "most readers".

Also, I could have been unclear, but I meant for everything beyond that horizontal line to be as if it were a standalone comment, because it wasn't something to be in response to you specifically.

Most of his impact sadly is lost
What was his impact even telegraphed to be, for one to be able to say that "most of it" was lost? His primary purpose, as I said, appears to expressly be cluing the reader into what they should pay attention to. I find his existence almost nakedly utilitarian but not obnoxiously bland.

Then again, I don't think this manga is supposed to be too long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread