Boku wa Imasugu Zense no Kioku wo Sutetai. - Akogare no Inaka wa Jingai Makyou deshita - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter! The author does a fantastic job of making things that are familiar seem so foreign and even alien. Things feel really uncanny in just the right way!

Fed-Kun's army
I'm like 85% sure Akira is actually a tomboy and not an actual boy. The Japanese don't typically use things like pronouns, so it can be easy to mix up a kid's gender when they naturally look androgynous.
I read the raws and the WN, Akira uses "ore" in his speech and he's referred as the grandson of the family, so pretty sure he's an actual boy. ig he looks androgynous to emphasize his kindly nature.

Adding some info I read:
Sora (+Riku) 2-3 y.o
Koyuki (Sora's sister), Akira & Yui 5 y.o
Itsuki (Sora's brother), Takeshi - elementary school

Anyone dissing on Sora for pissing in his pants despite his adult's memories, remember chapter 1. Kid's just barely out of his diapers.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I read the raws and the WN, Akira uses "ore" in his speech and he's referred as the grandson of the family, so pretty sure he's an actual boy. ig he looks androgynous to emphasize his kindly nature.

Adding some info I read:
Sora (+Riku) 2-3 y.o
Koyuki (Sora's sister), Akira & Yui 5 y.o
Itsuki (Sora's brother), Takeshi - elementary school

Anyone dissing on Sora for pissing in his pants despite his adult's memories, remember chapter 1. Kid's just barely out of his diapers.
It's possible Akira is just androgynous because of being a child and will be more masculine later, but it's also a stereotype of tomboys in Japan that they use the "wrong" form of I. For example, Yukimura from Haganai refers to herself in a masculine sense.

Not saying you're wrong, I'm just going off of what I've seen in other Japanese media. I'm happy to be proven wrong and that the author would subvert our expectations. It's an enjoyable story thus far.

Dex-chan lover
I'm like 85% sure Akira is actually a tomboy and not an actual boy. The Japanese don't typically use things like pronouns, so it can be easy to mix up a kid's gender when they naturally look androgynous.
nah JP peepz are more "fluid" with their use of pronouns. It is always accompanied with the style of language (polite/impolite), context, and intonation. "Kare", "-bou" and "Kanojo", "-jou" are gender specific pronouns with "Ko" needing supplemental context if it means a boy or girl.

there's more but it gets really funny at times.

Dex-chan lover
I would be freaked out and creeped out by those plants too.
They remind me of worms and maggots... :shamihuh:

Users who are viewing this thread