Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai

Having read it (elsewhere) till the end,
I decide that out of all the endings, Ogata’s was the best.
My favorite girl during the run of the series was Furuhashi because she reminded me of Onodera from Nisekoi. Here, however, she was too indecisive, and the alternatives were slightly better than in Nisekoi (can’t stop myself from comparing them, my first impression when I saw this back in 2017 was that it looked like Nisekoi, I even checked if the author was the same, but nope!).
Ogata’s ending included not only her, but also Sawako, who turned out to be a real weirdo, judging by her family situation… And the fun little sub-plot with the ghost.
Some of the endings, particularly Kominami’s and Sensei’s, suffered from the complete lack of the main girls. I think it was justified though, to let the reader focus on the main topic of the ending instead of being distracted by the main girls that so much attention was already paid to.
I completely ignored Uruka before because I just don’t like her, or the idea of long distance relationships for that matter.
I think my tier list of the endings is like this:
Ogata > Sensei > Kominami > Furuhashi > Uruka.
Although before the endings, it was… quite the opposite, maybe?
Furuhashi > Kominami > Ogata > Uruka > Sensei.
Mafuyu is a good character, my problem with her was that she was Yuiga’s teacher; age gap like this and the student-teacher relationship in romance is not my thing, but it was completely fixed for me in the ending.
Overall I enjoyed finishing the something-ty chapters I haven’t read before over the last few days. I had it rated at 6/10 before, but that went up to 8/10 thanks to the feel-good pick-your-favorite ending instead of sticking to the classic frustration fuel of worst girl Uruka winning.

Uruka:
She immediately became my favorite at the start since I love sporty girls and I wanted her to win, but her character took a nosedive the second she denied liking MC despite him asking her directly (though if she had been honest the story would have been much shorter, lol) and the overseas plotline only made it worse, even though she liked him for years she only decided to confess when she was days away from leaving the country, it almost felt like she was playing with the MC's sense of urgency, forcing him to act hastily, having said that, the airport chase was pretty good and she ending with MC wasn't bad and the story between each other and their mutual respect and inspiration was quite good.
Overall she places #4 IMO, I still like her a lot but at that point in the story MC had better choices.

Rizu:
The weakest of the bunch, their relationship was the one that felt the most as student/teacher than anyone else, he always saw her more as a cute pet that needed protection than as a woman, most of the times in which we were reminded that Rizu liked him was more through Fumino's inner conflict than Rizu's own actions and the relation between her and MC lacked a lot of reciprocity since Rizu didn't do that much for him and it really shows in their endgame since it required a ghost and the family drama of a background character for it to last more than 4 chapters on top of every other girl to take a backseat for no good reason.
She is cute but everyone else was a better choice, for that she is #5.

Fumino:
Out of the first 3 girls she was the one that gave the most "main girl" vives but I never felt that she was so in love with him, the relationship always felt like brother and sister than actual lovers to me and it always felt weird that he never called her by her name even when she started calling him Nariyuki but at least her reason not to confess to him were more legitimate than Uruka or Rizu. She is #3 on my list

Asumi:
The way they reunite in her ending was extremely contrived but the story about their parents was really cool but using it as a reason for her not to say how she really felt was really bad, it would have been great if she had been more honest instead of waitong years for a fateful meeting, but they were always great together and had great moments that more than made up for her late introduction. She is #2

Mafuyu:
Hands down best girl, sure there is the age difference but other than that their chemistry was the best and her cool/clumsy persona always brought a smile to my face, the chapter with the pianist girl thanking her through the phone was my favorite in the series. She is most definitely #1

@intmanga
i havent finished reading the manga only the anime so im talking from my memory.
the teacher is definitely the best girl though the age gap is the problem (which is the best part imo)
for my 2nd best girl its either fumino or asumi personally i like fumino more but rather than choose between ill just add both as 2nd place
third place or fourth for me was rizu compared to sporty girls i prefer smart ones so thats bias for me
and last place for me is the sporty girl uruka this one is mostly because of my uneducated uncultured biased opinion about sport girls (personally i dont really like them) and she irritates me since like you said her character became a little shit after her denying her love.

Aggregator gang
Cant believe its been 4 years since the first translation and it's been 4 years since I first read this manga.
This was quite the journey.

Due to JB (a scanlation group) officially cut ties with mangadex and following the request from this group, all their non-joint chapters have been removed.

This happened a while ago and you guys might need to find a site that stole groups work wordlessly and like to push ads at your face.

My advice is to put on ad block and have anti virus ready when using those greedy site, they don't care about your safety nor do they facilitate anything to stop any spyware, viruses and inappropriate ad.

Stay safe out there.

If you're planning on reading this you can just find it on an off site. I read it on MangaFreak. This manga was a bumpy ride with it's ups and downs. Personally I enjoyed this manga and in all honesty I think it's a gem. If you want a fully completed harem manga then this is definitely for you.

This spoiler is about the last 40 chapters and my main reason why I like this manga. If you want to remain surprised about the ending then please don't read this. This is mainly my reasoning for why I like this series.

My main reason has got to be the multiple endings. Seriously 5 different endings for all 5 girls is pretty cool. There's also the 6th but that was just a wrap up. I know you can see it as the author just making more money but I personally like seeing the different routes. I also guess that by making those chapters, the author made it so fans can't make theories or what if's, but by sticking with the 6th ending technically anything/everything is possible. I just really like that this series actually gave an ending for all main female heroines with the MC.

Also I gave it a 10/10, fight me if you want but it's my opinion.

Hands down one of the best
Each girls are given their own ending, huge respect for the author, this is what I kinda expect for Nisekoi but that crap gave MC the worst one, and for some other
The only downside for me is that Sekijo didn't get her own ending, well maybe the author never planned it but I'd give it 10/10 if he did
Anyway, a good read, 9/10 from me
Mafuyu best girl
Thank you Author, Thank you Translator team

Dex-chan lover
Was expecting to drop it quickly because of the unpleasant harem vibe but was pleasantly surprised by the characters, particularly Mafuyu and Fumino, and some positive views on education and social interaction on general. It dropped quickly after about half the chapters as only remains after that the boring harem stuff, but the beginning half is nice to read.

Dex-chan lover
The anime song for season 1’s credits sounds very catchy but melancholy

In order for one ending to succeed, 4 must fail… I do no think the author had a lore plan past each ending for the other characters… leaving them in the generic “I moved on”, “I‘m happy he’s happy”, “I have a new wife/husband/fine with being alone”, etc. :(

Users who are viewing this thread