Bondage Play - Ch. 18

Double-page supporter
Not surprising at all, but I've gotta say, Tsukasa's backstory felt more heavy for me, especially when she felt grossed out for what was happening with one of her other "dogs". This has been a wild ride ngl.

On comico (not that I can read them there) these chapters have titles. The title of this one is Otou-san no Sei da, or "It's Dad's fault." It fits.

Yui's final words to him were certainly on target. Although they're the kind of words that can leave you with regrets.

I feel that the suicide was a bit too much edgy, i think the father was part of the story and needed he s own resolution arc. An attempted suicide would have the same impact and allow to resolve her father problem

Double-page supporter
@ComteOlche Kind of disagree there, whether it comes as edgy or not, it makes perfect sense from a writing point for him to just go ahead and kill himself from how little we actually saw of him. Also I don't like redemption arcs so I find this a lot more cathartic for the reading experience but that's just personal taste kek

Aggregator gang
Seems we now have some serious competition for Gendo Ikari in the Best Dad 2020 category... "Have I not fucked up your life enough yet? Hold my briefcase."

And of course the school's gonna know. Things like that spread really fast. The rumormongers in class would have a field day with that: first she's caught doing "kinky sh*t" with another girl in school, then her dad jumps under a train on the very same day. Coincidence? I don't think so! That's an immediate outcast status for her.

And being an orphan and minor, I guess what follows is being put under care of some other relative.

EDIT - looking again, I think he rather jumped on the following day, not the same day.

I was about to type that that guy better doesn't kill himself, before I read the last panel...
Fucking hell, how can he leave her alone like this...
Why do I feel like she will be bullied now, because of her "disgusting" relationship with another girl?
I really hope there's some happy end for her somewhere :(

Well we finaly got interesting
Reading ahead all can be said is that the problems just started

Damn I didn't want the dad to commit suicide. This is starting to be become melodramatic now.

Double-page supporter
when I wrote as a comment for CH 17 "and another: ... that escalated quickly ..." I didn't meant it to be that literally.
But I guess this can explore some pretty good psychological stuff with that setting now. @Daddy sure had issues.

@Epsilon04 What bothers me was that the author invest us in the father as a character who was a good parent, until he's shown having immoral practice with his daughter. But the author always tries to mitigate those issues by having him apology to his daughter about how bad he was as a dad. He is the 3rd most important character, and the only secondary character with a subplot.

He was in a conflict between his role as a father and his immoral desire.
Which is a conflict that needed to be addressed in the story and resolving this by just having him commit suicide felt easy, lazy and edgy.

BDSM is for a lot of people, a practice with a lot of immoral issues.
It's a shame to have one of your character story arc centered about them resolved by suicide.
Moreover, the reader won't be satisfied with how the story arc ends by throwing away your only subplot for the main plot.

Users who are viewing this thread