Bookmarks

It would be nice if mangadex had a bookmark system like Manganelo's so I don't have to read 300 chapters of one manga through and then wait for the update. It would tell you the latest chapter you were on, and then right underneath would be the newest chapter that had been released. I think this would be very helpful.

Dex-chan lover
@Blahbs ? What do you mean? You can follow/bookmark a series. Then you can keep track of the last chapter you read in the series page, Reading progress section + Eye icon as read marker. As for new chapters either the follows tab on main page or
https://mangadex.org/follows

Dex-chan lover
@Blahbs
As per the sticky thread with the all-caps "READ FIRST" note, a button to continue reading a series where you left off is planned

@Yatsuki, you would not understand if you didn't have thirty bookmarked series and haven't gotten to the latest chapter on them. Mangadex always informs me when a new chapter comes out, even if it isn't in my language. Also, if I add a lot of series in one day and don't finish any of them, I probably will not even remember the names of them or if I read them or not.

Contributor
@Blahbs
Mangadex always informs me when a new chapter comes out, even if it isn't in my language.
[*]
h4tQIMs.png

[*]
Z1IKZHx.png

https://mangadex.org/chapter/449568/1

Dex-chan lover
@Blahbs Oh yeah, it isn't like I currently have 700+ manga in my Reading list and sometimes unable to read for a few days because MD servers have problems so the update stacks on, right?

The tools for your requests are there. You can bookmark/follow a series. Just need to mark your progress with the eye icon left side of the chapter + Reading progress bar if you follow after reading, or if you follow before you read, MD system does that automatically for you.

As for languages, click top right side cog icon, choose filter chapter language and you will only see update in that language, alternatively go to your profile settings you can do that there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread