Booty Royale: Never Go Down Without A Fight!

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy It will seem even weird to you if you find out that another hyped author's manga from this magazine caused a little controversy after translating his manga after official localization.

@Bacon_Boiii If you think about it, this is even more expected, since such titles are usually written by more open people. I wonder if he read the comments and what his opinion was about it. If I were an author, I would be terribly interested to know the opinion of foreigners about my work.

Causing someone's kidney to fail (and thus their possible death) is less of a friendly female fight and more of a kengan death match.

I would guess the nature of this work (lesbian murder rape orgy) probably makes it one of those manga that's harder to get licensed in foreign countries and thus the author might realize he's better off getting sales from foreigners buying the works directly from Japanese sources than hoping Viz media picks it up.

Dex-chan lover
@anoman Given the SJW-sness of the western yuri industry, I bet that if this gets a license, all weebs snowflake will have a heart attack. I still remember Erica Friedman complaining about Fragtime "justifying harassment." You can still sell it as feminism though, lol.

Contributor
@SuperOniichan

Given the SJW-sness of the western yuri industry, I bet that if this gets a license, all weebs snowflake will have a heart attack.

I’m sorry, I think I had an aneurysm trying to parse out this sentence.

Look, I agree that it would be a bitch for this series to be licensed. But we’ve had plenty of series which are just as raunchy and include just as much harassment be licensed, so I don’t think that the issue is that it’s “anti-feminism”. It’s moreso that the magazine it’s published in doesn’t seem to license out its series to any English publishers (unless I missed a series out there somewhere).

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy Ara ara, I hope you feel better? Can you name licensed titles with the same level of offensiveness to the Western leftis? I never said that this manga is too lewd for that, though. This is not a sony plastation game lol. The problem is that this manga is an extremely old-fashioned ecchi that still repeats many of the prejudices that modern snowflakes have long forgotten about.

Black Gakkou ni Tsutomete Shimatta Sensei is published in the same magazine and you can consistently see the discussion of pirate discourse in the discussion of each chapter.

Contributor
@SuperOniichan

Can you name licensed titles with the same level of offensiveness to the Western leftis?

I’d say Berserk is the most obvious choice, given how a major plot point of the series is a rape. Re:Monster has the MC rape several women under the influence (only the manga is licensed, though, for some odd reason). Parallel Paradise and World’s End Harem both take on the “one guy in a world full of girls” fantasy, with one having girls literally creaming themselves when they see the MC while the other has women mass rape a man at one point. Both licensed by Seven Seas on their Ghost Ship imprint. Why The Hell Are You Here, Teacher!? has sexual relationships between high school students and their teachers and was licensed by Kodansha, of all people. Other manga which are licensed, but also have sexual violence or other offensive things: RaW Hero, Gleipnir, JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World (LN only), Goblin Slayer (most of the controversy seemed to be aimed at the first episode of the anime only, and no outcry was made over the manga or LN), GANTZ, Chainsaw Man, Terra Formars, Franken Fran, Devilman, Emergence/Metamorphosis, Interspecies Reviewers (the manga was licensed and released in 2018, the controversy was only surrounding the anime which aired earlier this year), Prison School, and pretty much whatever FAKKU licenses.

The problem is that this manga is an extremely old-fashioned ecchi that still repeats many of the prejudices that modern snowflakes have long forgotten about.

What prejudices? If you’re talking about rape, half the titles I listed above have the same. The anteater scene may prove your point, but let’s be real: there weren’t a lot of old-fashioned ecchi series which had beastiality in the first place.

I understand what you were posting about, but the thing is that there is no SJW boogeyman under your bed, secretly plotting to cancel your favorite manga and anime.

Black Gakkou ni Tsutomete Shimatta Sensei is published in the same magazine and you can consistently see the discussion of pirate discourse in the discussion of each chapter.

Doesn’t that prove the point even further? Not talking about how Takatou-Sensei and Souryuu-Sensei have different views on piracy, but how Souryuu-Sensei previously said that he was planning something in regards to Black Gakkou getting licensed, but we haven’t seen anything yet. Given how his other works which were released in other magazines or as doujins have been licensed, I’m still under the impression that the magazine Jigokuhen runs in is just hard to contact. That or licensing companies crunched the numbers and figured that the number of people willing to buy volumes of it would not be enough to cover the licensing fees and make a profit.

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy You continue to confuse excessively sexual or gory content with offensive content, not to mention the fact that most of the work you mention was licensed or become hit before the SJW boom. FAKKU originally licensed only hentai and near-hentai, so this is a questionable example.
Feteshization of harassment and rape, direct justification or even idealization of lesbian sexual violence, extreme black humor and grotesque, this can go on for a long time. In short, classic action ecchi in the tradition of the 90s. And I don't understand what the sarcasm about a certain boogeyman has to do with it. Am I trying to scare someone?
I'm not sure if this proves anything other than that titles from this magazine were already licensed. Goraku is a very specific magazine, many titles of which are quite specific, so not having a large number of licenses is not a problem

Hello, I'm kinda glad that my user name wasn't already taken but sad at the same time😢. Anyway, I mainly talk on Discord but been having a hard time talking about manga since I'm only on a gaming Discords and the mangas that I follow aren't any of the "popular" ones aside from Fire Force and Jojo. I really hope Hagure Idol gets localized because I would buy it, really like the art style and fighting (the sexy girls help too). Right now I'm collecting the manga called Murcielago which I would recommend if you like Yuri but with action. I usually don't like tournament arcs in general but here I don't mind since it gives Misora a easy excuse to fight more since the manga even though it has action it kinda doesn't feel like it at time.

@SuperOniichan that's really good to hear, I really love it and wish that it got more attention. Also Looking Up To Magicalgirls, it's not a type of manga I would usually care about but I love the main character and the fights are good too.

Dex-chan lover
As an avid fan of 'Baki the Grappler' I highly rate this arc I personally dub 'Misora the Fappler'.

Dex-chan lover
@TheBellSTand Lol, makes sense. I also tend to connect this arc with the previous yuri one and call the current period in the manga "Yuri Baki". There is at least half a year until the next arc starts, so at least for now, these two words perfectly describe the whole manga in essence.

Mangadex takes a painfully long time to load now

Also a tiny brazilian teenager against a giant american woman seems like a bad fight combo either way, I wonder if the author plays it straight with BIG>SMALL or if the brazilian girl will pull off an upset. So far though the cocky underdogs seem like they've gotten beaten up.

Fed-Kun's army
How popular is this series in Japan. Does it sell well? I bought the new volume when I was over there last year and it was displayed pretty well on shelves.

@bacon_boiii successful enough to get a low budget movie adaptation. Sadly in this film Misora doesn’t show off the goods like she does in the manga, that stuff is reserved for the supporting cast. Hoping an anime adaptation will happen and usher in a new era of battle ecchi

Dex-chan lover
@justjorge It sounds ironic, but what Misora ​​does in the manga goes far beyond any gravure stuff, so playing her gravure idol can't do it that close lol. I doubt Hagure will be able to get an anime with all of its near-hentai and gore elements, but if it does, it will definitely be a big info point lol.

@Bacon_Boiii I would not say that Rui-sensei is a very hyped mangaka, but it is highly unlikely that the unpopular work has reached volume 11 and beyond. Either way, from the commercial side, this is pretty high quality content, regardless of creative issues. And given that this is his most successful manga so far, I think Rui has an interest in continuing to support the series.

Users who are viewing this thread