Bouken ni, Tsuitekonaide Okaa-san! ~ Chouka Hogo na Saikyou Dragon ni Sodaterareta Musuko, Hahaoya Douhan de Boukensha ni Naru ~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.2 - T…

It seems he had teachers and was at least able to read books (I assume) growing up -- so it's not that strange he would have a different personality from his Mother.

But really, I'd expect he would be like Robin Arryn from GoT and completely attached to her. Or maybe have an Oedipus complex.

Aggregator gang
@Rozzak Since she's a deity or at least a borderline godly power, I doubt he has the ability to kill her. Although if he wanted to eat drake flesh, she would get some for him if he just asked.

XL

Dex-chan lover
It's a trap, she's a female goblin trying to extract his man juice. Run little boy!!~

Double-page supporter
This boy is literally fifteen goddamn years old. He doesn't know the first thing about being a human being, let alone the rest of the world. He's weak, inexperienced, hard-headed, and worst of all, he has the 'hero' tendency without the skill, stats, and equipment to pull it off.

Anyone who's in guardianship over this boy will see he is a suicide-by-adventure case waiting to happen. They can say he's legally an adult all he wants, but that doesn't mean he actually is. But, this is manga, so the writers have him more mature than he should be given his upbringing, with wisdom to match, and knowledge he shouldn't possibly have.

@newprimus
That's only a consideration when the subject has all the rest of a society to compare their own experiences and family to. The 'desire for the unknown that I can just barely make out' kind of deal, to put it in anime-esque terms. Raised in a vacuum, all he will know is what his mother teaches him, and all he will know is that when she takes care of him, it makes him feel good. Absolute Reward in a vacuum, his neurochemistry would essentially punish him for thinking of giving that up past a certain point.

But, again, this is a manga, so he'll have none of those issues. He's always right in the end, she's meant to be wrong and for some reason every Asian comic shows any sort of 'aggressive woman' to be something to be feared and cast aside, not embraced or taken seriously.

This is actually a very traditional temperment for a western-style dragon to have. Traditionally, western-style dragons are extremely possessive of [something they deem to be a treasure, most classically either gold or princesses], and otherwise capricious and disconnected from other beings, with little sense of how to value the consequences of their actions. Of course, while that makes the relationship dynamic between her and her son a bit more understandable, it actually has some troubling implications.

Thankfully, she's extremely unlikely to ever hurt or mistreat him directly, regardless of how he behaves, as a dragon's treasure forms the heart of their considerations. Some stories have even touched upon that trope of draconic bonding, by having a dragon be killed by their human partner, with the dragon simply allowing it to happen. However, she's also not likely to ever learn how to give him space, and she may become jealous to the point of yandere-ness if he becomes affectionate with anyone else, assuming she interprets that other individual as a threat to her place in his life. Well, as light-hearted as this manga is so far, I imagine she'll just be dismissive of other humans until the end, or be affectionate to the humans he deems important, solely because they're important to him. So hopefully this'll all end up being more cute than.. y'know, murdery-creepy. :p

Ah. Right. This artist made so many doujins of Nitta Minami and Kaori from idolmaster.
Thats why the resemblance of the girls in this manga looks like these idols.

Fed-Kun's army
Why does literally every adventures guild receptionist have the same design in these stories. Kind of dull

Double-page supporter
I actually like how his mother doesnt care. All she cares is for his safety. As expected from a powerful dragon ^_~

@Kayriel ah cool, so I wasnt the only one who thought about this. i was thinking about this before, wondering if he was Isekia, otherwise his education was too good for a shelted boy. in a previous chapter I've commented about him dying a dogs death as a weak adventurer if his mothers not with him. Him going out on his own will be a dogs death. Idiot just doesnt realize it, and still wants to leave his mum. Cause hes shelted and doesnt know the true danger of adventuring. Personally, I dislike the MC, but I would actually have respect for him if he had asked his mother to teach him. rather than continue to push her away. :/

Double-page supporter
@Velsy

Exactly. Someone raised by a caring, warm figure in an isolated experience wouldn't push that person away and desire to be 'just like everyone else' because all they know is that warm and loving person, He SHOULD be all kinds of clingy, like she is. Instead his 'strength of character' is pushing her away. Garbage. Garbage character. Useless on his own. He'd be killed by a crooked adventurer or random bandit running a con within a week on his own. Worthless boy.

Users who are viewing this thread