Bouken ni, Tsuitekonaide Okaa-san! ~ Chouka Hogo na Saikyou Dragon ni Sodaterareta Musuko, Hahaoya Douhan de Boukensha ni Naru ~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 9.2 - I…

Well he is never gonna get the chance to gain experience and grow by overcoming difficult situations after all.

Mc really needs to get over his inferiority complex and take it slow. He shouldn't compare himself or make his goal an almighty dragon.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry but this dude legit need protection, he is neither strong enough nor smart enough to survive as an adventurer without his mom as it is.

The mom is 100% right on being over protective given how he's borderline a lemmings.

Dex-chan lover
I predict this will make things worse, he wants to become a strong man, but that is impossible if he is always being treated like a baby.

Dex-chan lover
He got turned into damaged goods... LOL

To be perfectly honest I can only think he got castrated in that fight because of how she called a young boi damaged goods LOL.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't matter what he wants. He's a fucking idiot and he'll end up dying and/or getting the cute bunny killed.

He's just a child, and he's trying to act like he's a big, powerful man. It's going to take him years to actually get to where he thinks he's at now. Look at him, against a single monster he thought he could handle, they got ROCKED and did no damage. That was the moment where you run away to make a plan or just abandon the fight.

Kicked INTO a solid rock wall, and the bunny got it worse because she took the wall itself and his own body and momentum, plus she's slightly less sturdy than his dumbass.

"Instead of minding my business and knowing my place, I'm going to go after something two whole grades above me because I want to show people I'm a big man!" = Dead idiots.

I have grown to completely hate this kid. He's surrounded by wonderful people who want to see him grow strong, and while overprotective, love him immensely and go out of their way to think about him at all times. He has it all, literally everything anyone could ever want, the perfect environment to grow powerful, to make accomplishments when the time is right, when he's strong enough to challenge the world and grow on his own.

But he's a spoiled brat who's throwing away things he can't possibly understand the value of because he's always had everything, worrying and endangering good people because he's a dumb shit. Makes me mad.

At this point I read this just for Mama Dragon and Elf Onee-sama.

Dex-chan lover
Well shit, there goes half of the world.
Also, as much as his mom wants to protect him, she should teach him how to do better.

Aggregator gang
Ain't gonna grow if you die doing something stupid, kid. The ranks are there for a reason.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel I agree with all of that, except "people who want to see him grow strong" and "the perfect environment to grow powerful".

Mama Dragon wants nothing but his safety, not growth. Elf Onee-sama is mainly concerned with keeping Mama Dragon from destroying the world, keeping Ryuuji safe/happy was just a by-product of that. And he has literally zero possibility of ever growing powerful. His mom does everything for him. How does a person grow? Through overcoming adversity. Not by being coddled by a god of destruction.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone His mom not controling her emotion for a moment uber healed everyone, being coddled by gods is litteraly how every demi god ever got their strength.

@starburst98 No, he attacked because he's a dumbass frustrated that he isn't as strong as dragon mama after barely learning how to hold a sword, you can't blame over protectiveness for something thatbhappened ENTIRELY because his mom trusted him and got LESS overprotective.

Dex-chan lover
@BalrogDeMorgoth pretty sure Hercules was born strong and was the opposite of coddled. While there's a good number that got material blessings from the gods, they often were natural born badasses. Plus our boy is doing his best to reject the coddling. He is however a dumbass rookie with no real sense of danger/power-scaling thanks to only ever experiencing two power levels, weak and worldendingly op.

Damn does this make me want to Know how the fuck she ended up attached to him.

Dex-chan lover
@BalrogDeMorgoth Demi-gods get strength from being born of, or aided by, gods. Not from having said gods do everything for them. Frodo was coddled by the Fellowship. And surprise surprise, he gained literally zero power from the journey.

He only did what he did because she was so overprotective before. It's a teenager rebellion. He was never allowed to be reckless/in danger, so now he has to do stupid shit to 'break free' of his mom, as it were.

Users who are viewing this thread