Boukenka ni Narou! Skill Board de Dungeon Kouryaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
>worldwide cataclysm unleashes hordes of monsters from dungeons that suddenly sprout up from the ground
>Japanese govt initiates an "Adventurer" program, which is bad enough, but also forces them to fight monsters in armor and swords from antiquity (which, sadly enough, would actually be an easing on current Japanese weapons laws which are draconian as shit and even have sword control measures - Fun Fact: western style swords can't be registered, either, so any western style sword with any functional edge on it is 100% illegal due to it being de facto an unregistered and unregisterable sword. Presumably even if, say,the Queen of England made an official state visit to Japan and gifted a real western sword to, say,the Imperial family... that would technically still be illegal for them to keep it as a personal possession.)

...I don't even...?
Do they WANT their citizens to be unnecessarily slaughtered? Hell, the only way I can see this working would be like in somewhere like America where we'd kill so many of the monsters that there would be a shortage to hunt/kill/capture/fight for sport so it would be regulated just so some population of them could survive.

Dex-chan lover
@GurenNoOu
I think that could be the case. It could also follow premise of the novel Dungeon Hunter, wherein all electronics and modern weapons don't work in dungeons and people had to resort to using cold weapons.

That seems... incredibly lazy. And what is the arbitrary cut-off for the dungeon? How does the dungeon in that series "decide" what to allow? Does it change? Look, people in real life look for loopholes and ways to abuse the system to gain advantages all the time. In games this is exploited on even the most bizarre mechanics in order to do something that was unforeseen and otherwise wouldn't be allowed.

As a thought experiment, let's say that happens in this world. Dungeons appear and they don't allow electronics and "modern weapons." Okay. I will sit my ass in a workshop outside the dungeon just to jury-rig and fuck about with ideas and prototypes to immediately carry into the dungeon to see if they work. Does a torch work? Why or why not? What about magical fireballs? Why do they work if so? What about steam or pressurized air (and, no, that's far from modern - although guns are also almost a thousand years old, so arguing that they are modern is also not correct)? If I douse a campfire in the dungeon with water, does any steam appear? Can it be trapped/harnessed? What about crossbows, which are ancient as fuck? Are modern incarnations of those allowed? What about compound bows? Is a pulley too advanced? How the hell would a dungeon even know the mechanical advantage difference? What about expanding broadheads which have arrow/bolt tips that open up like a pair of scissors? Fire arrows? Exploding arrows? Molotov cocktails?

That tyrannical bullshit dungeon is just as much of an opponent as the monsters inside of it. And I WILL find a way to break the system. Even if it's something as silly as drilling or digging down into the fucking thing and standing on topsoil and shooting down into it. Or flooding the fucking thing with chemical agents or incendiaries. Fighting fair is for chumps.

Aggregator gang
@MrIncognito if you notice you did damage to the armor why not hit it again?
also rather than a weakspot it would be better to find a weakness in this case.... blunt force
bugs are pretty damage resistant and still pose a threat even with its brain fucked up... so you beat the living shit out of its limbs and mandibles with a club no need to be accurate just swing as hard as you can
get a nine iron if lead pipe and just start swinging... unless they know how to parry or dodge they dead

this guy has some balls, the instant I see a "centipede" that big I'm nope myself out of existence.

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't want to lose the snow blower around here either. Sorry for your loss indeed, first thing that comes to mind for Hokkaido is fuck tons of snow.

@Vincentius Even if the JSDF have strict deployment regulations those mostly apply to outside of Japan and since these dungeons are appearing in every country including Japan then JSDF should have the authority to defend it's country and it's citizens from the dungeons appearing in Japan.

@leyuen i think that cause SDF is used for force outside of the country? well if you think it realistically dungeon appear 5years ago, at that moment off course SDF is the first in the frontline but, as the dungeon threat keeping up and dungeon keep pooping out one after another in the country. SDF alone cant handle so much, that why they need more manpower to explore and keep dungeon threat at bay hence why adventure job is established.

if a county exhaust their SDF for dungeon explore then who gonna protect the county from outside threat ? like invasion from other country or some monster outbreak from the dungeon?

what bother me is why not this adventure job is not part of the army or civil protector and not issued them state of the art weaponry like guns and stuff? well maybe cause the resource in the current world is sacred cause dungeon outbreak, remember the mc said 'food shortage emerged. even vegetable is considering rich people food'. oil price is high and maybe weapon like guns is also as much or more expensive and sacred.

welp this what i can think of btw, i dont know if author established the current world situation that far. considering mc still use car while oil price so expensive as he said

Wtf... being able to put points in growth rate seems so overpowered since it looks like it jas no drawbacks.

Everyone should be doing this with like their 10 to 50 first points.

Fed-Kun's army
House centipedes are not slow, proportionately. When they find prey, they rush it down.

Getting all point into growth rate and think that it's useless. I don't need to read other chapters. The main character is dump and he's gonna cheating lv. This is gonna another trash

If I saw a centipede that big I would turn and fucking run: why the hell was he so composed???

All points into bonus growth/exp asap.
That's the basic of any level based game.

Supporter
Growth rate seems like the obvious choice to dump all points into 1st

Users who are viewing this thread