Boukensha License o Hakudatsu Sareta Ossan Dakedo, Manamusume ga Dekita no de Nonbiri Jinsei o Ouka Suru - Vol. 3 Ch. 11.2

Fed-Kun's army
This is the very reason why you never leave a guy who has that much malice alive.
And him being a former adventurer not knowing that is utter bs.

Fed-Kun's army
Next time use a chain in his neck as well, then let's see if he will cut his head off to escape.

Dex-chan lover
Man, the father-daughter fluff is good, but pretty much everything else in the series is utter garbage.

Double-page supporter
Yay, another MC who refuses to kill truly bad people!
Can't wait for the next assassination attempt now.

Aggregator gang
The future BEST FRIEND appears. I'm not really expecting anything more from this anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. A lot of toxicity in the comments about him trying to bring what he thought at the time was an unconscious villain to the local authorities. Is there something wrong with him trying to see proper justice done instead of vigilante justice?

Aggregator gang
@wilddeath its not toxicity its rightful criticism, here we have an assassin that almost killed the son of a lord without a second thought when he wasn't even his target so you could asume that either A) he has an employer with high status or B) he is just a psycho so he will kill anybody on sight, so either way he could be released from prison or with the level of skill he showed he could just escape (like seriously, that hand cutting was super unnecessary) so why give him a second chance to go for someone who the MC considers his daughter and not put an end to it when the justice system in that world is just a mess? plot stupidity.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath

The most toxic thing here is your comment. Seriously.

The state is a group of people who manage, one way or another, to persuade the greater part of a community to yield exclusive control of violence to them. The state is not intrinsically better than a group of vigilantes; it is always begun as a group of vigilantes or of outright criminals who have succeeded. In our real world, the state has not been an institution of proper justice, and the principal representative of the imagined state in this fictional world is an aristocrat who has not stopped his son from assaulting women. Dealing with super villains is not the same thing as dealing with less-than-super villains; the need for Ford openly to take the law into his own hands (as opposed to doing so in an obscure manner by making a choice of to whom he would instead give the villain) was established by the level of power exhibited by the villain even before he made his escape.

I'll never understand the typical Japanese protagonists unwillingness to kill. This is literally just another "lazy life" with an OP protagonist. I'm not expecting him to murder every enemy he comes across but god damn, he's a veteran adventurer - you know how much death your average murderhobo encounters? He should have put this edgelord down - now watch him come back like your regular Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Dex-chan lover
I can see between Douglas' stupid levels stubbornness being a reason he captured and didn't kill this gimp freak.
But I can also see why you'd want to take him alive purely because you want to get information out of him. Or at least try. The thing is I think he'd enjoy being tortured normally.

Dex-chan lover
"I want the character to act and think like me so i can self insert better!"

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath: I see your point. But the people here get invested and I personally also tend a bit more to share their POV. I also wouldn't like to see, if a normal criminal, that can be "caged" away is killed on the spot, when he is lying on the ground, but that guy here wasn't that harmless.
If somebody is holding a gun to the head of his own wife, because she truly wants to divorce this time and you as a police man want to save her, what would you do? The next moment that guy might aim at you or your partner. Surely it's a dangerous job, yet still you are allowed to protect yourself. And that wife. It is that guy, who is wrong. If he surrenders, all is fine, but while he doesn't, you wouldn't blame your colleague with the sniperifle for taking him out. It is allow and for good reasons. So, there are situation, when even your laws (and in this case our morals) allows to kill a person.

This case here and that one from my example aren't the same, but they share some common grounds. If that guy escapes or is set free for the same reasons that @zeroxjac just wrote (zeroxjac took those words directly out of my mind.) his daughter and everyone around her is in danger again. This time that assassin knows MC's strength even better. There is good reason to assume he is capable of escaping. So his beloved one, himself and the next innocent bystanders are in a lifethreatening situation, that will most likely accrue. Also, what happens to highwaymen in this world? This "adventurer" in on the same or even higher level as them. It makes sence to leave him alive to interrogate him afterwards, but this guy is a psycho and supernaturally skilled.

Would you leave somebody alive, you can be rather sure not to return to you and your loved once? Sure. Even more, when you would get punished yourself. Outlawing death penalty in our world, when there could be still reasons somebody got sentenced innocently or might have a TRUE change of mind? Sure, why not. But would you also let somebody go, if you can be sure he will return to take revenge? And this is why the people here don't understand Daddy. He wants to protect his daughter with all of his might and knows he could have suffered defeat, yet he still clings to his morals, even though that seem to be the dark ages there and nobody would blame him. The people are still soft on him for calling him an idiot, instead of calling him an heartless asshole that values his own codex over the live of his daughter.

I think the readers who are unambiguously arguing 'just kill him, problem permanently solved' are showing their immaturity more than their insight. You know what happens when you kill an incapacitated opponent in front of a child you're raising? You teach her that's okay. Additionally, he'd lose a source of information, need to explain himself to authorities, and deal with the social fallout of a friendly audience witnessing him kill someone already rendered helpless.

It's not 'typical Japanese protagonists' who would avoid killing someone in this situation, in broad daylight. It's normal protagonists, because morality aside, it often creates more problems than it solves.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiriha It's like backseat reading. Can't blame them, the MC is as bad as a game journalist with a cheat character but is still having trouble.

Dex-chan lover
power up mid-fight
CLASSIC!!
and his naive too(he's fighting monster like whole life so leave him some room to improve his ability to fight against human next time don't just binding his hand ok? maybe check if there are a chance they'll suicide or not?)
trust me i choke myself
that why i cheer assassin
atleast it's good that he have power so he can do what he want i hate all bark no bite mc
but seem like this chapter art quality really drop am i watching anime?? lmao quality drop so hard
like who are you? you are not same ossan who are you imposter
"BRUH"
who.png

agreed with @SvgStrgzr just kill the assassin will not solve anything if you kill him you lose more than gain(information if you lucky enough) and employer will just sent another assassin after ravi again it will be infinite loop(Gold experience requiem!?) until mc and ravi is dead or employer waste all his money
we all know that the setting is goody mc who super kind will help anyone who in the trouble and won't kill any human
yeah i know too but i just wanna roast him that all bye
also story need their drama and devolopment you won't see any devolopment if mc don't do something stupid so he can improve in future
story can stay fluff 24/7 or it will not survive in 4vol without devolopment or drama (too much drama can be really annoy) (like in opm we look forward for genos upgrade and another hero devolopment that why story can keep going if every enemy meet saitama it'll end in 1chapter every time how will it expand to 100+ch lmao)

@SvgStrgzr I think the readers are just rational, you know what happens if you leave an enemy alive right? He will keep coming after you.

Users who are viewing this thread