Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S Rank ni Natteta - Vol. 3 Ch. 11

Dex-chan lover
AGHHHHH it's so cute when she did that like 5 years ago ^^ tis very wholesome, and I love it~~!! :>

His father could literally just stand there and repel like a fortress.

also, the credits are a godsent lol

Supporter
It's like Bloodborne - it doesn't matter how fast the monster is if you know exactly how it's going to attack.

Dex-chan lover
Look at this sweet cinnamon roll. She's so happy and proud to be spreading her father's nickname.

Also, summary of this chapter: "LISTEN TO ME, WOMAN!...v 2.0"

@lemuel I see your point, but you're wrong. Irl it may not be important, but in fantasy contexts it is. Reaction time is a thing, as is body speed.
It doesn't matter that I KNOW you'll punch me from the right if your fist moves faster than my arm (to block). You could argue that, since I know it's coming, I can move "sooner". How soon? Cause if I move too soon, and block BEFORE you start punching, I give you time to change your move.

Information is power for sure, but you can't oversimplify.

Dex-chan lover
God, this is way too adorable and wholesome.
But I really want more of Bel's past. Why was he stuck at E? Is he only strong cause he kept training after quitting? Or was he always that strong?

@KazutoKatsuragi

He had talent, and both the manga and novel imply that he probably would have made it decently well if
that "dragon" (
demon lord
) hadn't bitten his leg off
and ended his career prematurely.
He kept training after he quit to protect the village (and Angie).

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how strong he would have been if he hadn't lost his leg and quit at E-rank. Probably AA. He's 42, and his ability to defeat an AA-rank adventurer maybe twenty years younger than him comes from decades of practice. So he would have peaked at AA, prob.

Dex-chan lover
@lemuel
That is Dark Souls in a nutshell.
Newbies to the series are horrified at how unforgiving the monsters are, but once you've played the games through a few times you're just like "monster jumping out in 3... 2... 1..." and you just step around the leaping monster, stick an Estoc in its back, and keep on going.
Well, I say that but somehow I'm rubbish at getting behind monsters in Dark Souls, and find parrying easier as the timing just seems more intuitive to me.

Users who are viewing this thread