Boushoku-Hi no Ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Dean, the courier

Dex-chan lover
So his parents die coz of adventurers and he willingly tags alongs with 2 of them?

Dat Protection of God of Wisdom is failing.

Fed-Kun's army
@Guroga Not really much you can do when your only source of income are dungeons so you have to suck it up and put up with shit stains like those two.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh. The author isn't even trying. Braindead MC, betrayal, overpowered item trope. You know the author has done a poor job when you're cheering for the fancy guy in a hat and hope that MC will die.

Dex-chan lover
@vodkavodka
I want the guy in the fancy hat to die, too. I hate tht type, especially the 'decoy' crap he pulled.

Dex-chan lover
all thats missing from this is for MC to not kill those assholes who tried to kill him and for him to not wana fuck the hot girls LMAO

Dex-chan lover
Hope trope cliches are there only for beginning though I doubt it

I feel like I've seen this beginning 20 times.
I mean, from my perspective it's ok to rip off another manga's beginning as long as you:
A) Change parts of it so details unique to this story will be used later to build the world.
B) Make a parody or make fun of this generic ass beginning.
C) Not dedicate a whole fuckin chapter to this shit.
I mean the author probably knows that he's just recycling the isekai setting since he doesn't have the MC spew exposition.
So he probably knows that he's ripping off the beginning, so why not have it implied like the mechanics of the world!

Fed-Kun's army
this is a rather bland beginning. Will give it till 3 chapters to see if it catches my interest but overall it's just not doing it for me.

Dex-chan lover
@Riger
It's so cliched I'm not even mad at him. Bad guys are not flashed out and feel like decorations. At least they are clever enough to use this joke of a main character as a bait. I can't care and feel sympathy for the MC when the author himself doesn't give a fuck.

Dex-chan lover
@puppeto4 I hope it at least avoids getting wiered like Arifureta. That shit started good but went full final power fantasy. I just don't like the whole "Now i have a motorbike" plot in a fantasy world. The only stories that do it right are like that Ossan one where he has a pet wolf and the floating ball.

The whole going from swords and sorcery to high tech mecha bullshit just doesn't mesh well and throws me right out. Skeleton lost me there too. Throwing "science" into "medieval fantasy" just doesn't work unless you really think it through and mesh it with the world from the start.

Double-page supporter
Strongest demon ? noice!! Talk about lucking out. Looks like a demon waifu too. What else could you wish for ?

@Merilirem ah dont remind me :/.. I really enjoyed the start to Arifuerta (reading its WN), I thought it was going to be great cause it had promise. but...... then the MC changed, turned into an asshole and I couldnt stomache what was going on anymore. So far this is so so, just hope it doesnt go to shit like Arifuerta quickly did. But then again, this had pretty bad build up :/ We actually know nothing about him.

Users who are viewing this thread