Boushoku-Hi no Ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Dean, the courier

Came because I was curious.... but this is basically a shittier version of Beserk of Gluttony and that was already honestly pretty bottom of the barrel. But while that one at least gave a reasonable reason the MC was weak and them suddenly becomes strong this one is just "yeah he found a thing and it was the strongest thing".

What bothered me most with Beserk of Gluttony and is just as bad if not worse here is how unrealistically the bad guys act. I don't mean the fact they are selfish pricks, no that's fine. It's how they will either act cartoonishly evil at no real benefit to themselves or they'll act like brain dead morons just to make the MC more competent in comparison.

Here is a quick example. Near the start the MC in Gluttony sees someone breaking into the estate he's guarding. He then says no one will believe him because he's weak and goes to investigate himself. He gets lucky and kills the intruder and discovers his true power which only works AFTER he kills something. The problem here is the idea that he's employed as a guard yet we're expected to believe people won't believe his report because he's weak... THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF A GUARD IS TO WATCH OUT FOR INTRUDERS!! WHY THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE NOT LISTEN TO A GUARD'S REPORT! HOW DOES STATUS MEAN A DAMN THING WHEN IT"S ABOUT DOING THE JOB YOU WERE HIRED FOR!?!

Now in this series we have the MC being a carrier who clearly sees something is very very wrong. Yet somehow our starter villians of this series flip out at him for pointing out the obvious danger they're ignoring. Of course because of this things go wrong, MC gets abandoned, and finds the super demon thing.

The problem in both these cases if they require the bad guys to act like plot devices instead of humans. They don't do what even a bad person would do in those situations and instead do whatever needs to be done in order to force the plot to develop as the author wishes. Which is the sign of a TERRIBLE author.

WTF are these character designs. has the author SEEN clothing before? cowboy hat, suspenders, weird hoodie.... so fucking bizarre.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Dean's party members are shitheads. I hope they get killed.

That is just pure evil, sacrificing a party member.

Fed-Kun's army
This fuck deserves it actually. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that these bastards would toss their own Mothers to the monsters to save their own asses. Even if you gotta go hungry, a man should never give up his dignity. Be smarter or be dead.

Double-page supporter
No matter how you look at it, that's not a moose. Also what the fuck kind of lame monster name is "flying"?

And wow would you look at that, a porter that's treated inhumanely only to end up as a decoy? At least the manga has its originality going for it.

Fed-Kun's army
dudes a dumbass. If you want to get stronger why arent you training instead of being a bag boy???? What an idiot

MC trusts untrustworthy people openly hostile to him. Reader supposed to feel bad for his stupidity and cheer on his god-tier luck as he stacks powerups.

Dex-chan lover
Is the MC dumb or what?
Father get backstab by adventure, mother get killed because adventure doesn't help her, did he not notice there is a certain pattern? Adventure has loose moral code, they eat the fucking weak. If you are weak then don't be an adventure or else you're going to be dead just be a farmer or someshit

Dex-chan lover
"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, GILBERT" has to be the best sentence i've ever read.

Dex-chan lover
Those moose/mice or whatever they are look fucking ridiculous and non-threatening. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
First chapter already and I'm starting to feel the same with the other reader's. 😅

alright pretty bad story telling. "I would come to know it holds the strongest demon inside" ok dude

Users who are viewing this thread